Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

What's available?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saradeiter@sbcglobal.net
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: What's available? Reply with quote

Is there anyplace that rents bikes on the island or should we bring our own? Is it a great place to ride? We're staying in a "cottage" (McGeorge's) and hope to do a lot of riding and picnicing but can't seem to get any answers. I am thinking we can go to the inland lakes- where else??

Also, is there y-fi or dialup and where might I access it on the island?

We're coming the 22nd for a week and are SO EXCITED!!!!
cal'sangel9
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i know there isnt anywhere to rent bikes, so i would suggest bringing your own. and anywhere on the island is a great place to ride.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sara! Welcome to the site. If you're into mountain biking, the Island is indeed a great place to ride. It's generally flat, with a few areas of loose gravel, but most of the roads are in fine condition for biking.

You can visit the three largest inland lakes; you can also tour the west end (spectacular views of the bridge, Mackinac Island, Round Island) and the Bible Road/north shore area. There is always something interesting to see. Stop by the Historical Society museum for a map showing historical points of interest, which are marked around the Island.

Oh, and bring insect repellent.

I don't know offhand whether there are still bikes to rent, but you might want to bring your own, just to be safe.

If you're still on the Island the weekend of the 29th, stop in at the tavern on Saturday night and say hello.

Have a great trip!
Dan
saradeiter@sbcglobal.net
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! It sounds so great. Also, relaxed and a lot of fun... yeah! I can't wait!
ambs
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if there is still internet available at Hawk's Landing for a fee, but there was at one time. Worth asking about
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: