Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Hi from a "newbie"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 9:15 am    Post subject: Hi from a "newbie" Reply with quote

My name is Dan Reynolds. I'm proud to have been around Bois Blanc, off and on, for the past 29 years (am 30 now). My late father, Bob, bought our 10 acres north of Thompson Lake in 1972.

Family and work have limited the time I'm able to spend on the Island, but it's always home to me. I hope to be up sometime this June, and possibly again in late summer. This year's project is to construct a new outhouse on our property - the old one Dad built out of cedar logs is really starting to show its age.

I have lots of happy childhood memories of the Island, most from the '70s - Andy's Place, the Hotel, etc. and would love to hear stories from other folks too.

This bulletin board has been a long time coming - thank you for putting it together!

Take care,
Dan
danlynn@mich.com
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 10:24 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Hi Dan, welcome to the site! Congratulations, you're the first person to register. Wish I had something cool to offer as a prize. Smile I hope others will think the same about the board and join in. A board with many active members can be a useful tool as well as entertaining.

I just got this place up and running last Friday and still have some modifications to make before I'll be happy with it, so please bear with me.

Thanks for taking the initiative and joining the site.

Rob
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, you and I must have been on the island at the same time when we were kids, but you were on the other side of the island. I used to hang out at the Pines dock, the hotel when it was still there and the community building. We were always at the square dances on Wed nights and I assume you were too. I love this site because in a small way I still feel connected to the island. I haven't been up in a couple years so I can't really reply to some of the things on here because I am not up on the latest things that are happening.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Troy. I probably did see or meet you at some time on the Island. I'm not up on current Island events either, but I still try to get there every year (multiple times per year if I'm lucky).

Your 'home base' must have been in the Pines. I spent many happy hours with my folks at the Hotel every year until it burned. Still have the T-shirt, although it doesn't fit anymore. Wink Soon I will be posting the handful of photos I have from that time.

Rob (the site administrator) has been a great help in pulling us all together here. I'm really enjoying this and I hope we keep in touch.

Take care,
Dan
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes my grandfather owned both the White Rose and the small cottage next to it at one time, I think he sold the White Rose before I was born and we always stayed in the small cottage on the corner accross from the hotel. Between my brother and I and all our cousins there should have been someone there around our age all summer long. We were friends with the hotel owners girls and hung around with Missy and Lana White, Sally Evans, Julie Lanschultz, and our cousins Wendy and Ryan McClearan.
I probably have some pictures from that time too, I will have to look for them.
Take Care, Troy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: