Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Toronto's sewage sludge may go into Lake Ontario

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Conservation Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Toronto's sewage sludge may go into Lake Ontario Reply with quote

#Mad Read the story here:

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=de1d143f-599d-404e-b398-8e21af715a89&k=42556

:rant: What the heck is going on??? :rant:

http://www.bridge-view.net
Cindy Childs
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Sludge Dumping from Canada in GL Reply with quote

I live 6 miles from the landfill that was ordered to take this waste. They refused because of the toxcidity of the waste. It sits 2 miles from the Flint River and is in the watershed, which ultimately drains into Lake Huron. Check out the Flint Journal, they have several articles regarding this topic. This is one time when state and local politicians banded together and stopped it from coming in. If the trucks are marked hazardous waste, and they can only travel on the I69 route after midnight and be emptied early am, and they are only allowed to route I69 to I75 to M57, during those hours, is it safe for the residents to breath for the rest of the week? We think not. This dumping is part of NAFTA, President Clinton left us with this legacy of having to accept Canada's waste with nafta, and the best part is when this land fill opened and NAFTA was being pushed AL Gore himself came here to tell us it was going to be a good thing for us, so much for his ecology stance. Canada dumps household waste there and ships commercial/industrial waste here. They can't dump it into Lake Ontario, it would violate their Great Lakes Agreement. They are trying to hold us hostage because they don't want this SH** there. Boy talk about a sensitive spot! If I can't even breath when I drive by the place what does that do to the manufactured housing subdivision that sits across the road? Let alone all of the children that live there. Does anyone else have any idea of the seriousness of this!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Conservation Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: