Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

What a beautiful place!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flyboy
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: What a beautiful place! Reply with quote

Just wanted to drop a line and say hello. I’ve always been intrigued by Bois Blanc and a few years ago, after a spontaneous visit, My bride and I bought a few lots. We’re looking forward to eventually setting up a cabin. Over the years I often bring up the island in conversation, and it surprises me how many have heard of it but don't know where it is. I often resort to the ever present Michigan map (Right Hand) and some hand puppets to show the location.
I'm sorry but I'm feeling a little selfish lately….I have realized what attracts me to this place is the fact that it is one of Michigan’s best kept secrets, and I,... well you understand. Confused

Wanting to be helpful I then instruct them in the proper pronunciation of the island Bois Blanc ...just like its spelled....BobLo! Wink
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: It Reply with quote

It always has amazed me that there are so little of the cheboygan people that has lived there all there life and has never took a trip over to the island !!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cindy Childs
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tend to tell people the wrong directions to our paradise. That way most won't bother to come, and it stays small longer. I know it is a losing battle, but it makes me feel better! Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: