Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

New Members

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:10 pm    Post subject: New Members Reply with quote

12 out of the last 13 members to join haven't even said hello. I would like them to tell us a little about who they are. Glad to see Lani here and I hear she is doing great, that is wonderful! Laughing
Zach, what is your last name? I knew a Zach Kidder on BBI, hope to hear from you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I hope I didn't sound rude. I would just like to know who some of the new members are, somebody back me up here, SISTER"S. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Troy.... We have lurkers trying to figure us out! Laughing

I know Lani is busy with school and doesn't get on often.. I've sent this link to others and hope Lani encourages them to join in... Like Al and Mike. I know Micheal probably monopolizes the computer.. That is who I didn't send a link to! Smile

Don't worry, winter is setting in and people are busy. Soon they will be looking for something to do and the site activity will pick up..
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am lucky, I can play on here while I am at work, when we are slow that is. #Turn-l
Zach
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry for the delay in my introduction. My name is Zach Wallace. I am 23 years old now, and I have been up to the island every summer of my life. My great grandfather bought our house in the pines when my grandpa was a small child, and our family has been coming up ever since. Our house is the one with the tennis court, and the little house on the beach.

I grew up in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and I currently attend Bard College, in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York, about two hours north of the city. I am double-majoring here in music and environmental studies. The semester is a week from finishing, and things are pretty crazy, so that explains why it took me so long to say hi .
Wink

I was very happy to discover this site, it looks beautiful, and there seems to be a lively discussion going on. I discovered the site while searching the web for information about coming to the island in the winter time. I have always wanted to make it up during the winter, but our cottage is not insulated, and my parents have never been to excited about me taking a snowmobile across the ice. But, this winter I am planning to make a trip. So, I certainly have a few question for the 'winter at the island' discussion.

I think that about does it. I am happy to join you all. Even if I can't be on the island year round, it is good to know that there is a place where people are always talking about it.

Zach
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Zach, my folks have known your folks forever.. Back to my Grandparents.. Ice in will be a hot topic, I'm sure. Keep your fingers crossed!
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zach,

Welcome to the forum! It's good to see some new "faces" 'round here. More members makes for lively discussion. I thought for the longest time it was going to be Dan Reynolds and I talking back and forth to each other. Rolling Eyes Hmmm....environmental studies, seems to me you could find something to study on the island on which to base a thesis. Maybe it would have to take a semester or two to complete? #roll_on_floor Think of the possibilities.

I think you'll be able to find the answers to your questions about the island here. There are lots of knowledgeable people here. Good luck on your finals!

Rob
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Zach,
I recognize your last name. My uncle, Rick Winters, use to own the white cement block cabin right behind the tennis courts. Do you have older brothers or sisters?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: