Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

RURAL POLITICS 101
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MelloD
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to the thread so please forgive my tardy response. Something that jumped out at me and I feel compelled to comment .........

Squeeky,

You wrote

I remember in the south back in the late 60's there were a couple of college's that were for black only. Now, would the white's dare to even think of an all white college?

The "whites" certainly did dare. Remember the little black girl who needed the National Guard to walk her into school when segregation was outlawed? Black people were kept out of schools for a long time, from the elementary to college level. Black people are still kept out of plenty of places today. Not too long ago there were golf courses Tiger Woods was not allowed to play on.

Melody
Jester
Gold Coast Guest
Gold Coast Guest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to disagree, Tiger Woods was only NOT allowed to play on some European courses because of the fact he was black. In the U.S. there are no courses that do not allow blacks on them unless they are NOT members. There are no schools that do not allow blacks but, there ARE schools that do NOT allow whites. Try this on for size, ever hear of the ALL BLACK CHANNEL on TV? Well, 2 years ago there was a man that tried to air a TV Channel for only whites that was shot down and killed for just saying he was going to try, the person that shot him? A Chinese fellow. As he was being questioned on why he shot the man, he stated, "If we start allowing the whites to this nonsense, everyone will do it." How crazy is that ........

We all just need to get along, live the way we want to live and let everyone have thier say so on matters that involve anything we wish to communicate with others.
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what about the Spanish channel on cable? I would love to understand what they are talking about on their talk shows. On the english speaking channels they-we can put on sap and have it in spanish. Why can we not have english on the Spanish channel? And I agree with you Jester on what you have just said about the schools. Is so true! And by no means am I racist-predjudice or whatever. We should all walk the walk and talk the talk. We are ALL equal! As far as Tiger Woods and the golf thing, I have no clue as I do not pay that much attention to golf. I know here anyone and everyone is welcome on our golf courses, if they can afford it. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: