Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Cost of Flying?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bknoll
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Cost of Flying? Reply with quote

I saw in a post that someone mentioned that the price may have been around $60.00 to fly from Hoffman's. Does anyone know if this is accurate? Would that be round-trip or one way? I suppose it would be easy to call and ask but I would rather hear from you! Thanks..Brad
ambs
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:50 pm    Post subject: hoffman's Reply with quote

i know it was 90 round trip to mackinac year before last, but from town i have no idea... sorry, not much help amber
*think dale still lets ppl pilot in winter too? lol*
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd heard it was $33 one way, and would take the pilot plus three passengers and their gear. That's strictly hearsay though, I've only taken the Kristen D. Smile
dale hoffman
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello from BBI!
The real cost of flying to or from the island is 39.00 for the aircraft. The plane we use carries 3 people and baggage. The plane runs anytime, 7 days 8:30 am til dark[right now about 5 pm]. After dark the price goes to 50.00. It is also posible to split the fair with others and this sometimes gets alittle tricky. Any one interested in our air service can contact us @ 800-801-0413. We also provide sevice to Pelston(PLN) and Travers City(TVC) as well as Mackinaw Island, Cheboygan, and Bios Blanc. In addition we offer air tours of the sraights, shipwrecks,and light houses. So.....there it is from the horses mouth-or what ever.....

Dale Hoffman
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:33 pm    Post subject: Thanks Dale! Reply with quote

Thanks Dale! We appreciate you coming on and leaving your info! Lisa Very Happy

Last edited by Al'sOtherSister on Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, Thanks Dale..

The Lighthouse tour sounds like it would be fun! What does that cost?

Hey Lisa! Want to go get that aerial shot Rob wanted for the site??

Last edited by Al's Sister on Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked! I love this avatar thingy!! That is my dog, Bean. She LOVES the Island too..
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:20 am    Post subject: If no icebrige...maybe Reply with quote

Maybe we can talk Dale into flying over for a shot before we land....anything for the site ya know! #roll_on_floor
dale hoffman
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tours very greatly depending on how many lights you would like to see.If you just want to see the bbi light and you are already flying to or from bbi it can be done for 15.00 additional. [Any prices I give you are for the aircraft not by the seat] Our big dollar tour is 235.00 and covers all 12 lights in the straights + at least 4 shipwrecks. It is always easier for us to explain the prices and answer your questions over the phone or in person but I hope this helps. Also, if you are already flying across, if you ask, usually your pilot will fly over your cabin depending on our time and mood. If it isn't too far out of route, we don't charge extra.

dale
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale, I was wondering wich shipwrecks you can see from the air? I was thinking of diving some of them and I know some are over a 100 ft down.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dale... It sounds like a good deal..I'm sure some Summer day, you'll be hearing from me..
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:29 am    Post subject: Buzzing... Reply with quote

Would it be you that buzzes Mike and Lani's every now and then????Dale?
That would be worth the whole trip! Cool
bknoll
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, Dale! Sounds like many had the same question I did. Sounds like you'll be getting some more business from the great people of this site! Am I correct in my assumption that a round trip flight is $78.00? Do you charge by the passenger as well?
dale hoffman
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's correct the price for the airplane round trip is 78.00. We sometimes can match people up to share the ride and share the cost.You would then pay your share of that 78.00. So, if you want to go over and someone else goes too it would cost you 39.00[19.50 each way] Now you have to be flexable about time and keep your bagage size and weight down so others have room for their's. Since most of the winter we run trips very often,it is very possible to "plane pool" but summer can be harder to find riders because the ferrys are in full swing and run every hour or so! I would also like to mention, if you have a place on the island, you can post the following numbers to reach us in an emergency: 1800-801-0413......After hours @ home: 1231-634-7065 or 1231-625-2418. Durring day light our responce time is 10 minutes or less and at night about 30 min. The flight to the mainland is 7 min. You can also use the fire/ emergency number and they will call us if they feel it is a time critical emergency. dale
bknoll
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale....Thanks so much...this is great information. The numbers you gave are numbers everyone should have posted in their cabin. That has always been a worry of mine; what to do if my little ones got hurt while we were there. I think you have made coming over in the winter a reality for some of us. Thanks a ton....Brad
ambs
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dale, just thought i'd remind you that i am sooo not a RAH!! miss ya and tell the boys i said hi... xoxo amber

ps... what were you for halloween this year, sheila never told me!!?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: