Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Guess who
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BIG K
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Guess who Reply with quote

Do not look up my address just guess who i am here's a clue. I don't live on the island but some of my family dose. I was born in 1972 in cheboygan my nick name as a kid was big k but my dad was the only one that called me that. You will know my last name it is a long time island name.
Pharmer Lana
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I should know you, since we are close to the same age. Did you spend time up on the island during the summers?
BIG K
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: summers Reply with quote

Yes i have spent a lot of summers. I lived there when i was vary young
Pharmer Lana
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I need more clues.
BIG K
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: clue Reply with quote

I'm a good square dancer i used to dance with wendy plaunt who is related to me and i am a bad speller
BIG K
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: more clues Reply with quote

I live south of lansing and i'm a builder like my dad is and my grandfather was. Come to think of it it wasn't wendy plaunt it was wendy ????? help me out it was to long ago
BIG K
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandparents on my mom's side owned the aloha store in the 70's at mullett lake and my grandfather ran a small ferry called the busy bug before i was born
Pharmer Lana
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this Kelly (sp?) G?
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know who you are but I will not say anything so you can play this out. How is your mother? Tell her that I said hi.
Pharmer Lana
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, am I right?
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanna we must have posted the same time I didn't see your last post till I went back. Yes you are right.
Pharmer Lana
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool!
BIG K
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hi Kevin i have had fun reading all your weather reports and fishing. My mom is good she remarried about 5 years ago. She has a good job with seniority and insurance. Do you fish on mullett much i am going there this thur was there the first of last week and cought a few perch in frount of hobrets marina. I have a lot of good memories of you and your family living next door i think it was 75 or around there i migth of been 3. I also remember crossing in rough weather at looking for that center bouy just you me and my dad raining so hard all you two were saying was do you see it no no do you see it i don't see it were is it then we would find it. good times good times
BIG K
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: later Reply with quote

got to go hope to here from you later got to get something done today
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was fun to follow... Welcome Kelly! I loved the story.. Reminds me of a foggy boat ride with Al and Stacey.. Only we were looking for lights! Laughing Hope we hear more.. Cool
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: kelly ... Reply with quote

Kelly ! Good to hear from you !!

I have always thought about you and your mom all these years ..
I am Connie Faye ..(Dave..vye...Lonnie Feeley ..sister)

You sure brought back alot of memories !!

One time John and I were out to your Grandparents place at mullet Lake and your folks were going to go to the island across the ice ..you were only a month or 2 old and your Grandparents had a fit and told your mom that she was NOT taking you over ... well ..it got worked out and you went to the island ...

We would buy cheese from your Grandparents and it was the best tasting cheese I ever had !!...

There are more memories ... but I will stop with this ...

I left the island in 1976 .. I would come back to visit for the first 3 summers .. then after that it would be here and there I would come down from alaska ..so I missed alot of years ..but I did see you at times when I came to visit ...

Do you ever get to visit the island and families ???

Besure to tell your mom I said "HI"

I hope you keep coming back to the site .. !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BIG K
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: remember back in day Reply with quote

I remember the cook outs on the beach the sand in my ear. The playing of guitars the singing of a jimmey buffett tune the smell of charcoal and lighter fluid. The search for beach glass we would show to see who had the best color. Dad and lonnie made a light out the glass it was diamond shaped it got burnt in the fire at the east end house. I am going north thur to mullett lake fishing my grandparents live on black river. I try to get to the island once a year
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Kelly Reply with quote

Hey Kelly

Loved to hear your memories ... neat story about the glass ...

I was still on the island when your folks bought that house ...I am trying to figure out what year they bought it ...and how many years your mom lived in that house on the island ..

When your folks lived in your Grandparents Gahns home in cheboygan ..they would invite us for dinner .. we would stop in alot ...
Lonnie used to hang his hat there alot also as your dad and Lonnie were the best of friends ..

You have the good memories of the ole days .....

When you see your Grandparets at black River .. tell them hello for us ..
I was able to see your Grandma Gahn and her sister Shirley when I was there year before last ..I was happy to see them .. they came to moms house to see us .... When I go to the island .. I do not get out to see everyone ... Mom and I have been digging in the boxes of memories when we were kids on the island .. we need to go one more year to get it finished ... We love to have company .. then we will take a breck ..
We go for rides and check out the beauty .. there are quite a few drive ways that were not there when I lived there ... I still do not know where everyone goes when they step off the boat ..its like they disapear till they get on the boat to go home ..
Glad you are able to go to the island each year ... Hope to see you when we go back ...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BIG K
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Stacey Reply with quote

Al's Sister wrote:
This was fun to follow... Welcome Kelly! I loved the story.. Reminds me of a foggy boat ride with Al and Stacey.. Only we were looking for lights! Laughing Hope we hear more.. Cool

Yes the name Stacey what a flood of thoughts and memories i still think of him now and then. My wife has a cousin that lives over by grand rapids Maryjane Cravens her husband in John Cravens. I ment for the first time about five or eight years ago. Thay were asking where i was from and the island was brought up by me saying that is where my dads side is from. John Cravens says yes i know where that is Stacey Vanhorn and i were thrown out of the bar tougher. Now lets review i'm setting in a house in Richland near Grand Rapids i never met these people befor and i have been married to my wife at that point for almost ten years and one of her relatives says the name Stacey Vanhorn and he started to tell a story about Stacey takeing a sledeghammer to his yellow checker cab that sat in Johns driveway because it would not start laughter began and dndn't stop as long as his name was part of the story. John still has some of his stuff. Were is he now what is he up to would like to here form him so would John.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang! I am trying to recall where he was last... He was in the Phillipines for a while.. I think he may be still truck driving in the States now.. Based out of ???? That part I'm not sure.. I think Virginia.. Al would know.. Trying to pull together enough money to get back to the Phillipines, I expect.. Very Happy

I've had that happen! Wearing a BBI shirt and someone would comment in passing at the mall.. BBI lovers are big world travelers too.. Except me! LOL! I'm never far away from BBI.. Cool

Yep! Stacey is one of my favorite Island characters.. Twisted Evil
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly, I had a feeling it was you when I saw Big K, although I don't know for sure I ever heard your dad call you that. I think it was the year you were born also helped, I knew we were close in age.

This is Troy form the Plaunt/Winters clan. I remember us hanging out at Sand Bay, the old dock and the square dances. I bet I have some old pictures of us at the dances somewhere or my mom does. You should post some pictures of you and your family in the mugshots part of the photo album. Go to the photo album and check my personal album, I have some pictures there.

Send me a message and let me know what you up to!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
BIG K
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: what's up Reply with quote

nice to here from you got a good looking family there just wanted to give a quick reply getting ready to pull out north be back sunday night. I just found this site a couple days ago i got to get some pix up
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this Kellya????????
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: kelly Reply with quote

Clover ...

yep .. its kelly Gahn ..

We all were excited to hear from him !!

I bet you know what year he was born ..
I am guessing about 1972 ??

I know we were still living in cheboygan when Mike came over with a big smile on his face and told us .. they were going to have a baby ..

He has brought out alot of good memories for me ....
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I knew who he was from the first clue and the following ones were a dead giveaway for me. Brandon used to call him Kellya.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: