Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Bois Blanc People, Hello from a troll.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djhitz
Plaunt Pal
Plaunt Pal

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: "Will, There's A Way." Reply with quote

Connie and Bois Blancers, I might not be able to make it to Bois Blanc (maybe) in June as is, my tradtional time to return to the, beautiful north. Maybe, I can make it up in the, Fall or later in the Summer. Nothing short of a, full miracle can get us UP there, next month. I was afraid of this. Last year was one of the pinnacles of our travels. Ten hours to Big Bay, a day in Marquette, a, four wheel, crossing through the Huron Mountains, a trip to Copper Harbor and dinner in Twin lakes, where folks said, "I" looked like the, Jimmer. (I told, ya'll, we were home for a week.) Three whole days of hiking in the Porkies. Ontonagon seemed to accept us as two of their own. We checked out, several waterfalls (which makes us need to see more). Lunch in Escanaba. Back to Mackinaw City then a full day on Drummond Island, four wheelin' with the Jeeps in the mud. It all made the return to Hoosierland, fruitless.
We also spent the weekend in Frankenmuth on the coldest days in December, two weeks before those kids drove over, the Nativity. We ate at Zehnder's and shopped at Bronner's. We met Wally Bronner at the store, once. To think, he thought we should come up once a month. That guy was full of positive energy.
We love, Michigan, bigtime!
We just need to pray for bigger miracles. There's a way. We will do it.
Etienne Brule did it in a canoe but then the Indians killed him. What a way to go.
I don't think, we can canoe nor kayak to Bois Blanc but I'd love to boat there. Seeing as, I've earned, the title, "Plaunt Pal". We might as well again take, the ferry.
To have had the means to go all over, the UP one year and have very little to even get out of Indiana, the next. Our travel now seems so limited. Where is the positveness in 2011? In the killing of bin Laden? I'd much rather do a water crossing to Temperance Island in Wilderness State Park or ride my bicycle up the hill on the Turtle right into Harrisonville. It'd be nice to camp on the beach on McCrae Bay. We'll see, the UP again. It calls to us. It sounds, like, a loon.
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, Things change and sometimes we can do what we think we cannot,
hope you can make the trips you dream of ......
djhitz
Plaunt Pal
Plaunt Pal

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: "Manna." Reply with quote

Thanks for the thought, Connie but "Manna from Heaven's, a gift and a miracle from God given to an undeserving people. There's not much of it raining down, these days but I'm forever on the lookout. Truthfully, I'm behind on trips to the West coast, East coast, Rockies, Cascades, Europe, Latin America, Alaska, Hawaii, the solar system of Sirius, etc.
pilotkid
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...so you're not coming this year?
djhitz
Plaunt Pal
Plaunt Pal

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: "Miracle." Reply with quote

Not without a miracle.
pilotkid
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...oh okay!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: