Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

I'm new to this site, but not new to the Island.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crusty
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: I'm new to this site, but not new to the Island. Reply with quote

I used to visit your beautiful Island back in the '80s. I got there by plane, ferry and snowmobile (which scared me to death, I might add). Landing on the Island, I felt immediately peaceful. Coming from a somewhat busy city (Midland, MI) I was in awe of the quiet and tranquility. I spent a lot of time walking in the woods. I had a friend who built a cottage on the Island out near the point where you can see the Mackinaw Bridge. It was a beautiful spot. He also owned the Midas Muffler shop (or was it Tuffy Muffler) in Cheboygan for awhile. I have lost track of him over the years and would be curious to know if anyone still sees him there or knows where he has gone. His name is Ron Halm. If you can fill me in, I'd appreciate it. Thanks
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Seen Ron last week he just got back in cheboygan because he is trying to sell his house here. I can't remember but he moved some where out west.
Crusty
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, thanks for updating me on Ron. Your name sounds familiar. Did you work on the Ferry way back in the '80s by any chance? Or I may be thinking of someone else. Anyway, if you talk with him again, mention that you are in contact with a person from long ago named Crusty. He may remember the name. Sure would like to talk with him before he leaves town again. Thanks again for letting me know (and so quickly, too.)
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We bought Ron's place in '01. He's a nice guy. You can see what the place looks like now if you click the link in my signature.

http://www.bridge-view.net
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crusty
Yes I used to own the North Star ferry. Ron used to ride with me all the time. I don't know how long he is staying in cheboygan, He said that he was going to try and sell his house before he left. If I run into him I will tell him you asked about him.
kevin
Crusty
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob....I went to the web site to see the picts. of the cottage you bought from Ron. Boy, does that bring back memories!! You have really made the place look so nice since the last time I saw it when it was in the building stage. And the picts. of the sunsets and the bridge....I must have taken a zillion picts. of those sunsets and the shoreline. It was deja vu! Thanks for giving me the web site address to go to.
jillrwag
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

hi everyone! i'm new to the forum, been going to the island as long as i can remember. haven't been up in a couple of years. moved to NC in 2003 and i haven't been to Michigan much since then. My dad and brother still go up on a fairly regular basis, especially deer season. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to have you join us! Cool Feel free to add your 2 cents and enjoy the site! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: