Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

!st time camping trip to Island

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terri
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: !st time camping trip to Island Reply with quote

We are heading to your Island this weekend for a 4 day camping trip. We have never been but are very excited to check it out. We have our camping permits, bikes, kayaks, hiking shoes and camara's. Any other suggestions? We plan to check out the lighthouses, do some GeoCaching and celebrate my birthday at the bar on Sunday ( please tell me it will be open and serving Laughing ) I would rather not have our usual camping instant dinner that night. We will have our 10 and 6 year old in tow as well. Any thoughts and must see spots would be greatly appreciated.
We have heard such great things about the island, but having been born in raised in the Boyne City area, for some reason, have never made it over to your island, pass it on our yearly trip to that other island, but look forward to making new memories on Bois Blanc Island.

Thanks in Advance
The Backus-Minor family
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, and welcome.

It sounds like you're well-equipped to check out everything the Island has to offer. Don't hesitate to ask for directions or suggestions when you get there. Only one lighthouse, though... Wink

Happy Birthday on Sunday - maybe you can stop in to the bar on Saturday night as well, to listen to some hack (me) play guitar for the friendly folks who visit. Looking forward to meeting you and your family.

Dan
Terri
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan, We did notice on this site that there was going to be music Saturday night as well- We may be there, this kids often get bored of the beautiful outdoors. If it is nice( the water) I was told we are going to paddle to Round Island lighthouse as well, hence the plural.
pilotkid
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please make sure to leave your campsite as you found it. Take care of the trash, and make sure to not leave your fire going if you're not there to attened it. Most important, have a good time and welcome to BBI!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: