Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Hello "neighbors!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yankabillygal
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Hello "neighbors!" Reply with quote

Smile I recently found your site while searching for info on Boblo and thought I would sign up.

For the past ten years, I've lived "across" from you in Beaugrand Estates (about 2.5 miles outside of Cheboygan). I love to sit on my deck and look at the water and the ships going by and often see your headlights as you are driving around the island! If I had to guess, I would say that I'm across from Hawk's Landing.

I've been to your island four times and loved it each time. I was going to come over this fall, but when I checked the ferry prices ... decided I'd better wait. I've been trying to get another neighbor to go over to Boblo with me because she's lived in this subdivision for almost ten years and has never been to Boblo (she's definitely missing out!). I love the quiet of the island and just driving around. About three years ago, my parents and my brother and his family came up and I took them all to the island. They loved it. Very Happy

So, just thought I would say "hi" and hope to make it over there sometime soon (before the ice - I don't think I'd want to make a crossing over the ice! ). Wink
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have you... Hope you enjoy your time here and many more trips to the Island.. Cool
yankabillygal
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you! I would love to come over again and soon, but we'll have to see.

I checked out your photo's - beautiful! I loved the early dawn picture with the pink and purples. I've taken some beautiful pictures of the lake, too, but then how can we fail when we have such an amazing canvas in front of us?[/img]
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thank you! Very Happy You are so right about the views.. Ever changing and worth watching.. Cool
GonnaGetaway
Tavern Tennant
Tavern Tennant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: newbie Reply with quote

Hi. My name is Kristy, I have been on your web site looking around. The pictures are beautiful and the people are so friendly. I wanted to visit this past summer but never got a full weekend off. (Also, I am kind of afraid of getting "sea sick" on the way over----I can handle 20 minutes to MAC but don't know about the long ride there!) So it seems funny that I want to reside there when I retire!!! At least summers. But I hope to get over next summer and check things out. I live in the country now, work full time in the City of Jackson, and have dogs, chickens, ducks (ugh) and one white turkey---who I am NOT eating for Thanksgiving! I raise Persian kittens with the intent of selling - I have been doing that for 12 years and it is about time to get out of that enjoyable but tiring venture. I have 4 1/2 years to retire and whittle down the animal population to a travelling number!!! I have a 22 year old son who wants to get into boxing - professionally (lightweight), any one have suggestions on that? In the meantime I hope you wont mind my "peeping" at the pics and stuff!
:banghead:
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Kristy! Glad you could join us.. Sounds like you haven't made it to the Island yet, or did you fly? You plan on retiring here on BBI? What are you retiring from? I hope I'm not being too nosy.. Smile

Persains are beautiful cats.. I love my mutt cats though.. If I could get away with it I would have a big menagerie like you.. I'm glad you are enjoying the oictures.. We have several great contributors.. Hope to more from ya.. Cool
GonnaGetaway
Tavern Tennant
Tavern Tennant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am retiring from an office job with the City. I work in Forestry and Cemetery Departments. I love "mutt cats" too! I have one that is my mouser-forbid that a Persian would lower its standards to catch a mouse!
I have always had domestic cats but finally bought one persian and the "addiction" started! Persians are so loving and laid back. They bring peace to my chaotic life! I enjoy all the animals but it is alot of work...and hard to get away as no one wants to take care of them for more than a few days!!! Not many crazy people like me! No, I haven't been to the island as of yet. And I am going to try to ferry next summer or late spring. I have to work all but 3 days in Mays so it will probably be june or july. I hope to spend summers there once I am set free!!
Kristy
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Just so you know, this island is as much 'yours' as it is 'ours'.

It's great to have you enjoy it. Come often.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: