Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Dirty Jobs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Dirty Jobs Reply with quote

Did anyone else see the episode of Dirty Jobs last week and yesterday's re-run of Mike Rowe changing light bulbs on the Mackinac Bridge? Its was pretty cool, he had to walk up the suspension cable to change one and then continued all the way up to the top of the tower to change one up there. They should charge money to do that, that may be an even bigger rush than that sky walk at the Grand Canyon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DawnM
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: DIRTY JOBS Reply with quote

It was also on a couple of months ago and I watched it then. Pretty scarey way up there. I have a photograph that was taken a few years ago from one of the towers looking down. My friend knew someone that worked for the bridge authority and was allowed to go up there. Of course, this was before all of the security issues.
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We watched it also. Neat... This guy is fun crazy #Crazy -cool. Love to watch him. I can't imagine going up there. Not Me! :nope:
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: missed it Reply with quote

Sure wish I could have seen that !!

I am one of those that would not ..could not go up that high !! It scares me !! It also makes me feel like jumping off .. strange !!!
GonnaGetaway
Tavern Tennant
Tavern Tennant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: dirtyjobs Reply with quote

Could NOT pay me enough money to stand on a cable on the bridge!! takes all I have to drive over it!!!!!!!!(with my eyes closed haha) #Crazy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: