Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

SOOOOOOOOOO QUIET!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:41 am    Post subject: SOOOOOOOOOO QUIET! Reply with quote

Just thought you all might be interested to know that CURRENTLY there are no more than 17 people on the island, and I may have counted 2 that aren't really here right now. This is the least amount ever in my lifetime on Bob-Lo. Generally the average round number in the past 20 years has been +/- 40, and when I was a kid, there were lots more than that!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:49 am    Post subject: Really? Reply with quote

Gone for Christmas or what? The 2 that you might of counted....Ghosts? Lol!
I was thinkin it was mighty quiet around here too! Shocked
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the title to this thread and thought you were talking about the bulletin board. Laughing Seventeen people makes it about one person per two square miles? Not bad if you like your space.

Do things normally pick up at all if there's an ice bridge?
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some are gone for Christmas, but the rest are gone for the winter. In the dead of winter this year, I hear there will only be about 20 of us!!! Pretty skimpy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any businesses staying open this winter? I kind of wondered if the new bar owner was practicing or what.... :cheers: I could appreciate that kind of space... I want to spend a week and try to stop smoking.. Shocked .. How's the snow situation?... We lost a bunch and don't expect all that much for the next week anyway.... Bummers for those with snowmobiles.. We got ourselves snowshoes to try out this year and are looking forward to being able to... Confused
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After New Years Eve, there will be no business open through the winter. The bar will be closing after the party, and the new owner has been practicing up to this point. We only have about 1" of snow Crying or Very sad , and not predicting much in the near future, so the use of your snowshoes is usless over here at this time. I'll let everyone know when we get a bunch.
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Clover - The new Bar owner was practicing when we were up! I thought he would have it down by now #Beer
We had about 2" of snow in early December - lasted for about 3 days and none in the forecast!!
Bob's friend
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:38 pm    Post subject: New Bar Owners Reply with quote

They sold the Bar? Who are the new owners? Do they live there?
Thanks for keeping us all informed. Very nice to have this site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: