Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Remembering Bois Blanc before electricity.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Spartan Bob, get your story straight. If I remember correctly, it was me who was walking the green mile all by myself when it came time to pay the rent on those flicks, and I'll guarantee that was no grin on Kevin's face. I was thinking about you two bustin my chops about that saucer when it occurred to me. I only broke the saucer once. How many times did Tony try and go up that hill on the three wheeler. only to somersault back down backwards. And never let go. Seems to me you got a bike stuck way up in the tree that actually got coverage in the Detroit News. Now that was funny.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaaa man that crap was funnnny, I was sitting at my deck crying. I do remember thoughts chick flicks (:>}. Thanks Kevin for all the educational movies. Hay Al remember when your Mom caught you with a condom, and you told her it was mine. Ya that was real funny, (it really came from Jamey Donaldson) I stayed away from her a long time. Your Mom was a good sport Remember when I took you two on a short cut thought the woods to your house and got lost for a while and Al through he’s papers all over the woods. Man where do you get good times like that anymore?
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may as well have had a a flashing red light in my wallet, but I don't think it came from Jaime Donaldson, I think I found that in someone's stash, although I couldn't say who. As for the shortcut home, I don't remember it, but I wouldn't doubt it. What about that old canoe we dug up, I think it was over by Caulkins' boathouse, and you decided it would be a good idea to try and hoist that beaver into the boat. Boy was that thing jacked out of shape. Almost as much as your dad was when we built that little "log cabin" out behind your house.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that was a nice little log cabin, so what if we cut down ˝ the states trees in that area, we were just having fun. You ever notice how parents lose their sense of humor? How about that ice cube trick Vicky showed you? You shouldn’t kiss and tell you know. And when we used to snowball fight on our snowmobiles out on the inland lakes at night with our lights off. Now that was some fun.
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA,

Gentlemen, keep telling all the good stories and someone may still go to jail. Someone's parents may be reading these ramblings and figure out who you are...I know I'll be changing my address, screen name, birth certificate, etc. NOW!!!

By the way, remember how ticked off that one kid got when you guyz tossed his bike into the DUMP...man if I was him I'd-a kicked yer A>>.

Anyway, saw Bill and Charlie Reiger at the local watering hole, Bill tells me Pat Spray still can't get that *darn* snowmobile started.

Go Green!!!
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me that little feller tried to kick some A@#, but couldn't reach that high.
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You three are something else, and i do know who everyone is. Don't forget that. I remember the two older ones were in high school on the boxing team. And you wanted to take me out in the garage and show me how to box. I remember putting the goves on with Al for a minute then they come off and you wouldn't show me any more. I don't know why though.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey you've got a pretty good memory for someone of your advanced years. I forgot all about that little display of silliness. Seems to me I took a beating for both us that day. Boy, some fun that was. On the upside, I was pretty clear on the fact that boxing wasn't my thing. That must have been a pretty high quality set of gloves because no one hits me in the head that many times without hurting themselves
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al you remember right that was because Kevin is short and keep hitting you in the nuts.
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony I don't think so. But I do remember you wouldn't put the gloves on with me after Al was through. But that was alright I had a golden gloves winner that I spared with that told me after 2 rounds that he was glad that he wasn't fighting me for the golden gloves. I said that i was just swinging like that because I was scarred of getting hit. He said after the first left jab that I connected with he was more scarred of being hit. He told me he never saw anybody that could swing so fast that had that much power behing his swing. And he never wanted to see that combination that I had again. That is why we stopped. Although he did call me up later and I sparred with him for his last fight. He was fighting somebody that had he said a lot of spead with his punches. Of course I must not have been any good because he lost that fight.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw what you did to that big hard headed friend of mine. I'm the smarter on remember.

Hay you guys remember when we would ride into the dump in the back of a truck and shoot at the ravens? Where else can you have fun like that.
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony

That sounds illigal to me. I can't believe you guys did that. You are the same guys that I used to brigg about how good you were when you were growing up. Now I'm hearing all this. I think I need to talk to Chris and Renee a little longer. They haven't been telling me everything.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you know what they say. It's only illegal if you get caught.
Kinda like wearing Orange hunting, drinking and driving, watching special chick flicks on a fiery boat, etc. (:>}
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony have you done all that too. I can't believe all this. I bet your mother never knew this. Oh my GOD, MERCY Oh kidding aside Tony I have a real old picture of your Mother do you want it?
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I would like to have that picture. Well the one thing I didn't do we have sex before I got married.
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,

How the He<< did I get involved in this mess. BBIBABS and OLD BLUE BALZ 72 are doing a fine job of trashing themselves and giving up all their good old dirt. I...as you can see don't recall any of this, nor does RENEE...Because it only happens if someone is there to hear it fall...!!!

Weight, I might have the wrong saying. I was the smarter, best looking, most polite, generous, and honest of the three of those nitwits mentioned earlier. And Renee knows how much of a misfit I am, however she will never look at BBIBABS and 72 blue for you again. What the hell kinda of a nickname is that anyway. How dorky can this guy get, he is in love with Michigan University so uses part of thier color scheme in his stage name, what a marrooooon!!! I would never do that!!!

Hey...did I tell the one about the four NUNS...CLASSIC!!!

Besides, wasn't this post about the island before electricty...Tony that is what people had to do before electricty....they just had S_x all the time.
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: d Reply with quote

I think Susie needs to tame you two down ...I think it is getting out of hand .. no names mentioned you know who you are and so does the rest of us ...
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry TheeIslandGirl.. I find this hugely entertaining! I haven't wanted to say a word for fear of interrupting the flow of excellent and funny memories! Thanks for sharing you guys! Carry on....................... Cool
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I was a teen, I happened to walk in on a ladies gathering at Grandma's... Here were 5 or 6 of the elder ladies sharing memories about thier partyin' days on the Island! Laughin so hard they were cryin! Dances at the Coast Guard station, flirting with the Coasties, Late night walks and drives, drinkin and whoopin it up! I told my Grandma right then she couldn't advise me on my behavior anymore! Seems she had more fun than I have! Here's to our fun loving elders and passin it on! Happy Happy Happy :cheers:
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to voice my appreciation for "Al's Sister" for seeing this back and forth banter for what it is. Three guys who grew up together, got into trouble together, promptly blamed each other, and then paid the price together.I think it's clear that we aren't concerned nor should we be that people know who we are now. The folks that were there when this stuff happened knew who we were then as well as what we were up to. And how many times has someone said" One day we'll look back and laugh about this" Madam Moderator, thanks for allowing us to look back and laugh. I feel safe in saying that none of us wished to offend anyone.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIBABS, you remember coming home that Friday after a football game, in The Beany, going as fast as that little scooter would carry us? Then we made the mistake of crossing behind that freighter. It's a wonder we didn't end up with Ray's airsled. Or that bicycle with the curly handle bars that you decided would look cool with the front end off that old Honda. And it worked pretty well as long as we could find six other people to help peddle it. Or riding just about anything we could find off the end of the dock. It's a wonder any of has kids. Kids today just don't know what fun is
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theeislandgirl, I’ve heard some rumors about you. Like your logo below, the … means (in the nude) (:>} oh wait that was after dark.
The girl that would swim daylight to dark every day down at the old dock ...

Give me some time I’m going dirt digging. Or you can just fess up to some like the rest of us.

And Blue 72 I do remember that night. I think we jumped the green can. It’s amazing what you can see with that little running light on the back.
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT...

No response from RUSTY BLUE 72 on the letting him check the ice conditions...that one made me tear up a bit. Island girl you are write, these two misfits should not be displaying this type of banter on the site, but dawg gone some of their stories are sure silly. I remember we used to have to stand on the bow of the BEANY just to get on plane, my conoe is faster with a 42lbs trolling motor and you too jokers think it actually came out of the water...!!!

MAN...who could ever forget that Siran WRAP conversation we had with your mother BBIBABBS...Classic!!!
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you remember correctly, she also suggested aluminum foil. Ouch! And I believe the word of the day was "safes". What was the name of those deep fried dough balls she made world famous?
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siran WRAP, Safes, man some things shouldn’t be talked about on this site or anywhere.
The deep fried dough is call gilets. Best whit 2 lbs of brown sugar frosting she makes or maple butter spread.
Remember when she used to chase us around with a broom to spank us. Now that was funny. Wait a minute maybe that was child abuse, maybe the child abuse was after the parent abuse. We were just little angles weren’t we.
Blue 72 you never responded to the ice cub trick Vicky taught you, now lets see how did that go again?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: