Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Hi. I finally visited the site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Hi. I finally visited the site. Reply with quote

For those who don't know me, I first came to the island in 1950 to visit my grandparents, Fay & Ila Calkins. I remember riding on the Ada M. I'm Al Whites brother. Lani & I own a home at Sand Bay which I built myself in 1990. Yes, Lani and I are still happily married even though I have an apartment in Cheboygan. Very Happy I am interested in the history of the island and am always looking for more. I'll have to visit this site often.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Mike!! Did you guys go to the Bar for New years Eve? I think you would enjoy it here.. You may know most everyone.. Miss you and hope to see you sooner! Hugs and kisses!! Susie
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Glad you finally made it. Your sisters have been talking about ya. Laughing Share some history with us if you'd like. I'm sure we'd all find it interesting. thumbs_up!

Rob
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Mr. Metal Detector! Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Give them all the history you want, but don't tell them all your secret spots where you found it out Slap If you know what I mean. LOLOL. glad you joined.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike :wave:
Glad you made it. I hope to hear from you and Lani on here often. Tell us all about New Years at the bar if you were there.
Good to have you here,
Troy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mike .... Very Happy
I am Mike - Al -susie-and Lisa's cousin ....
mike and i share much of the same memories as we are close in age ..
I lived on the Island as a child and as an Adult ..
I have Beautiful Memories of life on the Island ..
Many Wonderful Memories of growing up there and spending everyday with my Grandparents Fay D. and Ila Calkins ..
i was named after my Granpa .. My middle name Faye .. Spelled with an e on the end .. I love being called connie Faye .... I feel honored to be named after him .. Grandpa Fay was a Great man ... Al also was named after him .. spelled like Grandpas ..Fay. Alan Fay is a very special cousin of mine ... and much like Grandpa Calkins ...
mike you also have many traits like Grandpa .. i love you both very much ..
moose huggers ~~cf~~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a discussion trying to guess who you were when you registered, its about time you got on here. Good to have you here and my mom says hello.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
island turtle
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Honey(Mike)!
Glad you finally made it thumbs_up! and I hope you looked at the History stuff and either commented or added more.
Wink XO
bknoll
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Mike the guy who is always driving the road grader?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: