Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Island Boys Just Want to Have Fun! B.S. Starts Here..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guy's sure did some crazy things when you were living on the island. We were all saints compared to you.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint is what you're calling it? BABBS don't put that shovel away just yet
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to add Keep it up you are giving us something to laugh about. And I haven't seen this many post in a long time. And tony I will save that picture for you. I will give it to ya in the summer.
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY FOLKS...!!!

Good news...in another 9 months we will be shoveling snow and gettting the snowmobiles out to ride YEESSS!!! LET IT SNOW 8 months out of the year.

Man everytime I read the title of this post I can't get that stinkin' song outta my head...Cindy Lauper I believe...WOW did that song suck.

How about that time when BBIBABBS MOM took the shovel to Brow's head when he was fighting with DIRK...Dog was never the same again!!!
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that dog was never the same in the first place. That shovel cracked alot of doggie coconuts. Why stop at 8 months. Bring on the snow all year long. And the colder the better.
jnye
Weekend Worshiper
Weekend Worshiper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Blue - did you ever play the old dangling spit trick with Spartan while you had him pinned??? That was a favorite in the Nye household. And of course I was always the one pinned - afraid to move a muscle for fear that the dangling blob would land between my eyes... stinkin older brothers.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That dog Dirk was one sneaky little buger. He used to rid under the seat in Mom and Dadís truck and scare the people Mom would give rides to. But he would wait until you got out of the truck until he made is presents known.
And Kevin, Saint, not quite the word I was thinking of. All though you were the best movie rental place on the island. How much did those cost again. Oh ya a little embarrassment and all your pride, isnít that right Blue 72.
Old Brow, shore miss him. He was the best escape artist in the world. 2 choker chains and a harness and still wiggled out.
My boys are now playing the dangle the spit game. Shore glad my brother didnít know about that one.
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Tony since you brought it up those were the men"s clubs movies and you three boys stoled them. But you got caught and Scott and Al's Mother made them walk all the way down to my house and return them in front of my parents at that.. You got out of that. But I know that left a lasting memory on Scott and Al. But those old movies do bring up some memories. I can remember setting there playing cards, laughing at Al Hoffman SR and Joe Schulund SR and Joe Nye. We used have poker games and the films going at the same time. I can't get into to much but Al Hoffman and the 2 Joes's would be just screaming and hollaring over the films. It kept me cracked up most of the night. When it would all calm down Joe Nye would get it all going again. They used to keep me in tears all the time. I was a lot younger then everyone else. I was in my middle 20's and I think Al was in his 70's. He was teaching me to fly that year.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoled? Thatís a strong word, browed for a couple of days and returned undamaged is more like it. I not sure how I got out of the walk of shame either. Bet you Mom was imprested. Wasnít Al Hoffman in his 70ís all the time. Seemed like it to us younger guys.
Hay Blue 72 you remember that girl we stayed up with until we hours in the morning, down by Wallaceís some where. Kind of reminds me of a country song. I wanted to take he out in the woods and check her for ticks. What ever happen to her?
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No danglin spit here. I'm not sure how that one got past us. And Dirk's sneak attacks were nothing. You remember Sonny Boy? Now that was an obnoxious beast. He made you just want to punt him across the yard. As for returning the flicks, I don't remember the little feller being with me, but I do remember Glenn and Mayme being there. It was only ,what, a mile walk, maybe. It seemed like I was walking for days, and the longer it took to get there, the worse it was. And I don't think embarrassment is the word. Mortified was more like it. I'm not sure but I thought I saw Luke and Peggy pointing and laughing too. But , now I know how I want to spend the day if I only have one left. I want to go to one of those poker parties. What a mix
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you are referring to Amy Waugh, or Wow as you liked to call her. I sure do remember her. It was her family we were taking back at 4 a.m. the day I drove the Datsun of the causeway.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, good memory for a old fart. I think I woke up about 8:00 the next day. We were both supposed to go on that run.
I get a kick out of caching our boys doing things we did and having to discipline them and then when there gone having a big laugh about how we used to do the same things.
Iíve also been meaning to ask you why you call Spartin-1 little feller and he talks about a picture he saw of you being really big. Heck Scott makes me look like an Ethepioan. I think you guys must be in a race with Curt.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's talking about a family photo that we just had taken, and he's just crackin' wise about my fattitude. You know how he is. What I didn't ask him was about a picture I have of him, his girls, and mom on her couch. I've always been able to sit four people on that couch with out stacking them one on top of the other, so maybe he's taking up extra space?
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al the little feller was there. YOU WHERE WORRIED
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said I wasn't worried. I said worried wasn't strong enough. More like terrified.
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!

Kevin thanks, for backing me...I think the phrase these two NIMRODS are looking for is...BLUE TWISTED STEEL AND SEX APPEAL!!! RACE WITH KURT...BABS I've been on your side through most of this, but the day I catch (OMMAR), KURT...shoot ME, my knees will hate me by then. Sorry I've missed a couple of days, had to go beat the #$%^*! out of the snowmobiles for all this white GOLD leaves us.

You two DORKS remember all those trips we made back and forth to Lapeer in that Chevette of BBIBABBS...Classic!!!

Anyway the only race Ol Baluegau is going to beat me in is the race to two fitty and I ain't close...

I tried to get a softball game organized last year on the island, I know Kevin would love to be involved, I take up a big bunch over the 4th, all from our team in Portage...BABBS...Help me out!!!
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little tough playing softball over there since they paved the outfield.
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean it is the only stadium around with a paved outfield?
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey you guys do you remember Norm I can't spell his last name. He used to live in the cabin behind the Birch Shop. He always wanted to play catch and 500. We played 500 just about every noight when I was young. We played right there buy the old DNR shed. We would start playing and pretty soon Mike Gahn would join and Victor would stop and play. There would end up being 6-7 guys there just about every night.

Later I organized a BBI fast pitch sofeball team and we would play cheboygan and Mackinac island. Norm was there for that also, He would say to me boy you can play Short Stop and can you hit, but you can't pitch for s--t. If my memory serves me right Christeen was our first baseman and was very good at that.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

500 out by the DNR building was way before my time, but I think I still have my Bob-Lo Islanders shirt. I don't remember Norm, but I do remember Ron Kimmey moving me to short one time because that way I'd be out of his way, and catching one right between the eyes. A pop fly no less. Seems ole' Ron didn't think I was going to catch it and came a runnin'. I still proudly wear that scar. Had to go out to Doc Johnsons for a couple of butterflies. He had me wrapped up like I'd lost an eye. I could throw people out from right field all day , but I couldn't hit fast pitch if they were throwing basketballs.
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron must of been wrong you did catch it. Right in the eye. Did we have to get another ball? I to still have my bob-lo islanders shirt. Wouldn't want to try it on though.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you mention it, that ball did roll a little funny after that. Kind of like it was shot out of a cannon right at a brick wall. Point blank. Blood everywhere. You just can't make this stuff up.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys I was out of commission for a couple days. Went on one of the quick weight lose programs, you know the one where you puck and *poop* at same time every 15 min. or so. Man what fun, must have lost 15 lbs.
Spartan we are usually up on the Island over the 4th , if we are there I would love to play. The doctor told me I should be able to play soft ball again. Not shore how fast I will be yet but I should be able to pitch. Nathan plays on our team down here and Chris still plays also.

Hay you remember the one snow day we were ridding around in the Chevette and I was fishtailing and lost it down by the post office and we where passing cars sideways.
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where to play the only place that I can think of is ether sand bay farms or one of the gravel pits.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the approach at the West end of the airport?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 2 of 53

Jump to: