Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

On Solar Energy Sources

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
punystream
Syrup Seeker
Syrup Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: On Solar Energy Sources Reply with quote

I have been wondering if Solar Energy Sources are really a reliable one. have heard of establishment or communities that use this kind of source but not so many homes have tried to have it installed. Is it about the cost? or maybe not for home purposes?
pulledollie
Coast Comber
Coast Comber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course itís dependable the rising and setting of the sun is extremely consistent. We know exactly when it will rise and set every day of the year. I would like to invest with solar panels also to be installed in our home. I believe that it helps to stop global warming which threatens the survival of human society, as well as the survival of other species here in our planet. True that it's pricey but it's all worth your money.
punystream
Syrup Seeker
Syrup Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks pulledollie. I understand your concerns about the weather and location. I think that should be the most important factor. I guess, some people may think that use of solar energy might be a little idealistic, our main concern is that how beneficial it would be to the environment and the people who will use it in the long run. There might be questions raised about the amount of investment and will it be worth it, but with the way things are developing technologically, maybe there will be an improvement somehow. Anyway, I have read a couple of articles about renewable energy specifically solar power storage. You may be interested so I put the link as well.
pulledollie
Coast Comber
Coast Comber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the people who will use it in the long run will definitely be our children so I think it's everyone's business to keep and help our environment safe for them. Thanks for sharing the link punystream Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: