Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Its been a long time.. Good to see everyone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyle Gask
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Its been a long time.. Good to see everyone. Reply with quote

Well i joined the website back in 2005 when i was overseas in Iraq. It was a way to keep in contact with some people and see what i was missing. Sad Well i figured i would hop on again and see how everyone is doing. My name is Kyle Gask-Wilson for everyone that does not know me. I have been a islander all my life. Through the years i find it harder and harder to get up there because of school and work. I am currently attending Washtenaw Community College and a semester away to having my associate's in Criminal Justice. I plan on staying around MI for a bit to finish out my National Guard career then plan on moving to another state to start my career in criminal justice. As of now my life consist of work, school, and my hobby; my car. I am currently in school for 18 credits and also working 32 hours a week. As you can tell i really don't have time for much other then that. I am currently dating a girl that i met after my return from Iraq. We also have 2 loving dogs. The girl dog name in Mia and the Boy is Mason. The breed of the dogs are Pit Bulls. I have trained them to be loving and great dogs. I am changing the way people look at pitbulls because they really are great dogs. I have lots on info showing that they are better family dogs than goldens, labs, and any other common family dogs. Well it is good to see eveyone is keeping in contact with others. I hope to be a active member of the website. Also i plan on being up there a good amount this year because i don't know how much longer i will be in MI. I already have my first weekend planned on May 23-26. Well it is good to see everyone doing great. I hope to talk to you soon! ~Kyle Gask
islandnana
Gold Coast Guest
Gold Coast Guest

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle- Welcome back to the website. Your Mother has kept us informed of you and Brianna. Speaking of you Mother we haven't heard from her in awhile so don't know how she's doing. Stop over to visit us when you're on the island. Your Neighbors---Bob and Penny
GonnaGetaway
Tavern Tennant
Tavern Tennant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The breed of the dogs are Pit Bulls. I have trained them to be loving and great dogs. I am changing the way people look at pitbulls because they really are great dogs

You are so right Kyle. It is a shame people do not give this breed a chance. The trouble you read about lies with the human not the dog. These dogs are loyal and affectionate. I too was afraid/against them out of sheer ignorance. Then my son got two of them. One as a puppy because the shelter was going to kill it, just because it was a pit and another because it was mistreated and the guy was in jail. Both of these dogs are sweethearts. I then rescued one that was hit by a car and dragged by its broken chain.. His new name is Bruiser (he was all bruised up). After a couple trips to the vet he is fine. He follows me around and leans his head against my leg or tries to sit on my lap. Such wonderful dogs.

I have owned setters, shepherds, sheepdogs, collies, shih tzus, labs, mutts, etc etc. Each breed has its qualities but I must admit, I have never had a dog that exudes so much love and devotion as the pit.

I have an article from the internet:

Average Number of People KILLED in America every year: by

cigarettes 440,000
automobiles 42,366
2nd hand smoke 35,000
guns 29,338
pit bull 3

which would you BAN?
Poppa Boot Hands
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: hey kid Reply with quote

Been a while Gask...it is SUPER to see you are succeeding with what you are up to.

I will be up north on memorial day if you get the chance to hop up then. Bar goers beware.

Its awesome to see youre doing criminal justice...seems like just yesterday we were throwing back beverages at your house

crazy man, time flies

message back when you have a second
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
leebird
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kyle!
I hope you'll also plan to be up around the end of July and first of Aug this year. That is when I am going to be over and the Rarey's will be up too. Someone needs to bug the Baker boys.
Congrats on finishing your degree. You deserve some island time!
-Lee
Kyle Gask
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i am going to try to get up there then. My sister is flying in from Idaho to be up there around then. The only thing is that i have my "AT" which is the two weeks i have to do in the summer. That lands about mid July so i am just going to tell my boss that i need a little more time off so that i can come up there.
Kyle Gask
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Next trip Reply with quote

I just returned from my 2 weeks up at grayling but now this gives me time to get up there and see you all. I am leaving on Wed and will be stopping up at grayling for the night then i will be on the first boat across to the island on Thursday. I will be there until Sun because of school which is on Monday. I will see everyone up there!
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: back Reply with quote

I enjoyed my few days on the island

we went to memory night ..it was so good to hear ray plaunt tell his storys

we also went to the square dance .. audry gahn did the calling and josh my brothers boy and my cousin alan fay played the gurtars and dad was at the piano ..... mick and wendy caulkins were there too and clover gahn ..it good to see others too ... oh yes lorn gibbions was there too .the cousin reunion was great .. a smaller group this year ..but me mom hubby and big dad made our first trip for it ... we were the special ones we were told .. lol we did not see jim darn it but hope so the next trip ..

we will be going back and i will visit ole friends then .. looking forward to seeing them

we are going down state to see family and my mom and dad will see friends ...
happy days
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: