Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Island Memories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Island Memories Reply with quote

A friend of many years that we have not seen for about 45 years but hopefully get to met up with this summer is sharing a bunch of slides
his Dad took on the island .. its stiring alot of memories ..making them come alive again ..
His name is Jim Klouse

Soo I'm going to share one .. wish someone else on the island would remember this one so we could laugh together . .. Maybe someone will respond !

So here is the story ..

One summer a gal that I do not remember her name or who she stayed with came to stay a week or so on the island with friends ..
The Day she was dreading came too soon and she had to leave the island .....
She was really having a fit about leaving( her parents were in town waiting for her ) but she did finally get on the boat ..we all said our good Byes as the boat pulled out and all of us kids were waving ..well it got the best of her and as the tail end of Rays boat was at the end of the dock she jumped out of the boat !!
Darn I do not remember all the details but I do know that she was on the first boat the next morning headed for town !!
Gee..I never really thought much about this but I bet it scared Ray a bunch !!
I wonder if he remembers it ???
I will have to ask him when I am there this summer !!!
Oh !! remember now I am talking about the old dock at the pines not the new dock ...
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the story, but did not witness it.

A lot of use continued to call the dock in use now the "new" dock for so long that "new" people began to wonder what we were talking about because a "new" dock had not been built for decades.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Neat story! It's what I want to do everytime I leave! LOL! If it weren't for the stinkin car.....
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: jumped Reply with quote

Hey Mike glad you responded !!

It will always be the "New Dock" to me ..
NicoleMarie
Coast Comber
Coast Comber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that way everytime I have to leave.
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of the boat leaving the island reminds me of another story.

My cousin Wendy (Ray's grand-daughter) wanted to see what it would be like to jump into the bubbles the boat created when it left the dock. The boat pulled away and she jumped in. When the bubbles cleared she hadn't surfaced yet and she was no where to be seen. We could see the bottom and could see she wasn't there. We had no idea where to even start looking when we heard he spitting out water and saying something. The boats propeller wash had shot her up under the loading ramp, but she was fine.

I don't think she ever tried that again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: water Reply with quote

Thanks Troy for your story ..I know you have lots of them too !! Very Happy

She was a brave girl !!

For any of you that do not know who she is ...she is the school teacher on the island now ......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: