Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Any Resident Directories for 1969, 70 or 71?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuartgrandson
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Any Resident Directories for 1969, 70 or 71? Reply with quote

My Grandparents, Alvin Stuart Walker and Nora Walker, built a home on the Island. This was approximently late 1968 into 1969. They lived there until about 1971.
Did any of the longtime Island residents remember them or is there any directories, phone books, etc.?

Any information would be appreciated. I went there about two or three times. My Grandpa rented out mini-bikes for a time there. I think they lived on Boblo drive, but I am not positive. I would love to get their old street number and put it into a gps and see the house again. I've told my Wife how neat the Island was and she would like to visit.

Thanks
Harvey
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Harvey,

I am Victor and Roberta Babcock's son Tony. Your Grandparents cabin was 3 houses down from my parent's house (end of the road if you look at a map). It was on Onadaga road in the Pines area. The last people to own the house was Taylor's, I think her daughter owns it now but I don't know her last name.

You can go to this web site and see more on the Island

http://www.bois-blanc.com

Hope this helps,
Tony Babcock
stuartgrandson
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Thanks for the Info Reply with quote

Thanks for helping me out. I rember a kid named Marcus that lived right near there. I stayed overnight once when my Grandparent's cabin was filled with realitives. Do the house there have house numbers? I'd love to have it to input it in my GPS, so my Wife & I could go right to it. That is very interesting. Did you remember their daughter Terri? She was a little bit slow because of illnesses? My Grandpa also rented out mini-bikes for awhile.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to help. Some one or some company is going to start putting house numbers on some time soon from what I heard, but none as of right now.
If you go to google earth and type in Pointe Aux Pins, Michigan, it will take you there and show you the roads. Onadaga st is the street and the house is at the east end of that road. Have fun.
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAY BBIbabbs...what's with all this name calling???

Onadanga rd??? In the Pines???

I thought that was Victor and Berta's drive...

The road to the church...

Cards road...

If we are going to have all of these roads named...I'm gonna half-ta sell and move to more under-developed areas!!!

Go GREEN!!!
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan-1 nice to see your still around. Didn't you know that your place in on Buffalo Ave? It kinda fits you seeings as your always trying to buffalo everyone. Hay how about them Lions? Looks like a Superbowl year.
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: tony Reply with quote

Hey tony
Sorry we missed you on the island this year ....

More of our family were able to be there at the same time and also vyes farm so it was a happy time for us

We went to see your mom and dad ... it was good to see them ... tons of memorys of them in my childhood ..I got the white bible with the zipper on it for being the one that never missed a day of sunday school ..

so it was prettty neat your mom started a class when my kids and you were small .

Your parents are really special folks and my kids and I will never forget how good they always were to all of us ..and of course we are related to them too Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: