Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Great site!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
island turtle
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Great site! Reply with quote

Rob, whoever you are -
This is a neat site and it's taken me time to get around in it!
Sure wish I had something profound to add, but...
bknoll
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey....are you the same island teacher that my buddy and I played that shuffleboard type game in the bar against a few summers ago? You probably don't remember, but it was Pete and I (we both teach in Birch Run) against you and a girl named Marcia. You girls smoked us in the game and then we shut the bar down talking about teaching and unions,etc. I really remember the night because someone came in and said the northern lights were out. When Pete and I left (we were feeling quite good by then) we just went out and sat on the shore and watched the sky. It was beautiful. Brad
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Great site! Reply with quote

islandteacher wrote:
This is a neat site...

Hey thanks! Glad you like it.

Are you on "leave" now 'til spring?
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Hi Lani! Reply with quote

So nice to see you here....very interesting topics, hope you enjoy! Get Mike on to answer to the Lime Kiln history. Where's the ice????? LOL!
island turtle
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Brad, that would be, me since I'm the only teacher teaching on the Island (altho' I'm laid off til Spring - bummer Sad - yes, Rob).
Shuffleboard tourneys are every Fri. night in off-season, Thurs. nights during regular season. We do get in some practice Rolling Eyes
We are getting some ice out in the channel and have notified the Coast Guard to please halt shipping in the South Channel. HOWEVER - PLEASE CALL SOMEONE OVER HERE BEFORE VENTURING OUT!!!! No one has walked it or planted any trees yet, as the cold weather is just hitting us. We do NOT want any mishaps like T.C. has been having lately!

Unfortunately, I have some very bad news to relay. Sandy Shannon, whom I dearly loved like a big brother, passed away yesterday morning of a heart attack at his home in Owosso. The funeral will be Friday at 9:30 a.m. at St. Paul's on M-21. Viewing is at the Nelson House in Owosso tonight from 7 -9 p.m., then tomorrow from 2-4 and 7-9p.m. Our love to Kathy, Katie, Pete, Bobbie, and the whole family!
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: ICE! Reply with quote

I will be letting Mike know for sure cause I was hoping to get a ride from him.....He got the snowmobiles? I am sorry to hear about your friend. So sad, and Tansy too. I know how it is to lose an animal, or two.
bknoll
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lani....Pete and I will want a rematch in the spring. We are going to have to find a table down here to practice on!
In regards to our awesome profession of teaching...I thought we were going to be in better shape with the "fat man" out of office but Granholm's proposal would mean $79 less per student in Birch Run. I think the state average would be $47 or so. Let's organize a march on Lansing! -Brad
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lani, :wave:
I am very glad to see you here and hear you are doing so great!! I hoped to see you this summer, but I am not sure if we can make it now. We have baby number 2 coming in June and I am not sure about the long trip so soon after its born. Talk to you later,
Troy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DUANE E. WHITE
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: LONG TIME NO SEE!!!! Reply with quote

HEY LADY, HOPE YOU AND MIKE ARE DOING ALRIGHT.PLEASE WRITE WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE. SEE YA THIS SPRING.TAKE CARE,DUANE
island turtle
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad - a rematch is a definite possibility! Just let me know when! :cheers:
As for the Fat Man being gone, I couldn't be happier! I know it'll be a reduction in monies, but that is HIS fault, you know, and it will be corrected!

Troy - #Milti Hi, to you and your little family! I sure understand, and congrats! IF you get up here, please give me a call! I LOVED seeing your mom last Fall!

Duane- #Milti Hi, sweetie! Sure looking forward to seeing you this Spring or summer! It's been a LONG time!

Wow! This site is growing huge! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: