Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

In memory and honor of Stanford (Sandy) Shannon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leebird
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: In memory and honor of Stanford (Sandy) Shannon Reply with quote

My best friend on Boblo, Pete Shannon (17), his sister Katie and mother Kathy lost thier father and husband, Stanford Shannon last night. He had heart problems and passed away in his sleep. I want to give a contribution to his family in honor and memory of him for the island. I have not asked Kathy what she would like it to be but I will get in touch with her and let y'all know what it will be for (side walk, church... ect). Keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.
ps. pete is a member on this web site but I signed him in and do not know if he reads his messages or anything. I dont even know if I told him is pass word.
leebird
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: details Reply with quote

Stanford, I believe was 54 yrs old and sanfords funeral is Friday, 9:30 AM--st pauls church
visitation is wed 7-9 thurs 2-4/7-9
leebird
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shannons live in Owosso, Mi and have a white cottage in the Pines. It is next door to their grandmothers red cottage between the Lee's and Uncle Tom's Cabins on the water front in case y'all would like to know.
ambs
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you talk to pete soon, tell him i tried to find a way up north for it. unfortunately i couldnt, but we send pete and his family love from ohio. -amber
island turtle
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Sandy Shannon Reply with quote

Leebird, I'm not trying to be "*female dog*", but I believe Sandy's first name was Sanford, not Stanford. It's too much to take in, as Sandy was like my big brother. He will definitely be missed! Crying or Very sad
leebird
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i realized that rereading it. i was a mess while typing that message. there could be many other mistakes thanks, lee
Kathy Craft
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: SANDY WILL BE MISSED Reply with quote

IF ANYONE SEES KATHY, WILL YOU PLEASE GIVE HER MY BEST.I REMEMBER WHEN THEY USE TO COME DOWN TO THE BOATHOUSE AND JUST SIT AND CHAT. MY KIDS WERE VERY GOOD FRIENDS WITH KATIE AND PETE. THE LAST TIME I SEEN KATHY AND SANDY WAS DOWN AT HAWKS IN NOVEMBER. PLEASE GIVE BOBBIE MY REGARDS ALSO.

KATHY CRAFT
and 3 boys. We owned and operated the Boathouse from 1991-1999. After my husband passed away in 1999, I have been in Cheboygan with our son Rick while he is in high school. Will be back on the island soon.
Bonnie & Fritz
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Sadden Reply with quote

We were so sorry and surprised to hear about Sandy Shannon passing. I've been a slow at following up on the Island posts. because Fritz had neck surgery and things were crazy for a while.
Sandy and his family has the place a few doors from us. Fritz said he has known Sandy for close to 30 years....Sandy was a really nice guy....I got to know Katie when I would bring my dogs, pet skunk and other assorted critters up with us, Katie loved to come over and visit the critters.....but then she started to notice the boys more. :o))

If someone has their home address, please e-mail me privately. We would like to send our condolences.

Thank you,
Bonnie & Fritz
meldrum1@tds.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: