Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Dave Feeley
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Dave Feeley Reply with quote

I don't know who all knows but Dave Feeley is not doing well. I don't know all that is going on with his health but I do know it has to do with Cancer.
Our prayers go out to Dave and his family. I hope to stop by next weekend to see the family and friends.

You are one person to the world, but you may be the world to one person.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until, I know more or TheeIslandGirl can tell us more....... Dave does indeed have cancer.. From what I understand it is advanced but still treatable.. Dave is feeling very ill.. His biopsy reports just came back yesterday so I'm not sure of the course of treatment yet.. The Feeley's and extended family are grateful for everyone's prayers and well wishes.. Thank you..
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: tONY Reply with quote

Tony - Als sister

Tony I am so glad you are going to come up to see Dave and the family ..all the support we get will help us get though this ... so any of you that want to visit us at this time please call 1-231-369-3517 and leave a message ..this is vyes phone number at his farm ... Leave your phone number ..please repeat it a couple of times and we will call you back .thanks ..
Thanks for you love and concern ..

My big broher Dave found out he had cancer on the 22 of Jan .. my birthday . I'am heart broken ..

since then he has gone down hill fast ... he is in alot of pain and he is on oxogen now .. hes had to wait around to get stronger meds and the oxogen .... my sister dondi is quite upset with that .. shes is a nurse and she is in her nurse mode and on her way now (flying)as I speak to michigan from alaska to find out where he is at in the cancer and get the help he needs ASAP !!!!
Our mom is with Dondi ..

Hes failed ALOT since the 22nd ....... we just found out the kind of cancer he has yesterday ..it is "non Small carcinoma" ..its in the lungs and liver ... at this time we do not know if it is treatable ..... he can not move around at all as he runs out of breath ..he is also in ALOT of pain ..

all of you out there that know my brother please tell all your family and friends about Dave .... I would like the Plaunt family to know because we grew up with Leanna ..Char and Curt ... Ray is a big part of our childhood ..Dave worked for Ray right out of high school and he lived with them awhile and Dave has told me many times how good Ray and Pat was to him .................

I will post when I hear more .. right now they have to WAIT AGAIN to go to a cancer doctor to find out IF he can be treated and what stage the cancer is in .... The waiting is hard ! ..
sister Dondi will get things moving for sure !!
Later today after Dondi and Mom get there and see Dave Dondi will call us and give us a report on Dave ...

John and I are leaving Texas on sunday to drive up .. We plan to stay as long as we need ...

Vye our brother will fly down from alaska and my daughter Jolinda will fly in from Nevada not till a later date however they will fly down sooner if needed ..

Prayers would be wonderful ....
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be up this weekend so I will stop and see at least some of the family.. If Dave is well enough I will see him also. Hope Dondi can find some help. I know the Brown family have delt with cancer a lot, if you want I can get in touch with them and see who the doctor is.

bizshabarz
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: My Dad Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,thank u Tony for starting this about my Dad I've been so busy with the other sites with up Dates and this all has happened so fast. Thank You everyone for Praying and Please continue, Mom,Dad,Dondi,G-Ma Twigg all went to Dads appt today and Doctor says Stage 4....Not good gave him a few wks to 2 months. If he was to do treatment it would KILL him faster. He wants to pass with Dignity. Hospice is coming in. I'm so Happy Dondi is here. Connie Faye later tonight,Vye,JoLinda yes there will be alot of PPL around I'm sure My Parents won't mind short visits,Remember my mom has a very RARE disease "Lambert Eaton" so she also needs her rest. How is she doing ? Well how do you think? We are all trying to stay strong for my DAD. I don't know right now if I'll ever stop crying but please Pray for a miracle. I feel so bad for my G-ma also. To all of you who know my Dad and were a part of his life on the Island I'm sure you already know how he feels about you all!! The Island is a part of him. It was hard going to the Island for yrs and still is at times after my uncle Lonnie drowned, I've already thought of how hard it will be with out my Dad in my life but He'll shine through like always and BBI will always make things beautiful while your there. Sand Bay Helps alot,Thank You Mike & Lani,Thank You everyone!
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Summers of my Youth Reply with quote

I started coming to BBI when I was 5 and the year 1950. My grandparents lived right across from the school. I could not wait to get there and would think about BBI all winter, because I would get to hang out and play with my cousin Dave Feeley. We had hide-outs in the woods, we made little freighters out of scrap lumber to float down at the dock. we put roller skates on long boards and coasted down the sidewalk from the hotel down past the pump house. Later, Dave got a red model A at about 12 years old. You can imagine how cool that was. The only law was your mother's and out of site, they were out of mind. One summer at age 12 or 13, we folded the front seats down and filled in between the front and rear seats. Then we put in a matress and blankets. We even had comic books to read. We could cruz the roads on the edge of our bed and when we got tired we could sleep in the model A. Later yet, Dave worked for Ray Plaunt during the day and partied all night. I sure loved to tag along after him when I came in the summer.

In the late 50's. Harry Feeley, Dave's dad, was working on Mackinac Island for the Moral Re-Armament (MRA) people. He was returning home in the families 12 foot boat in April with his paycheck in his pocket, and disappeared. He was found a few months later at Walker's Pt. Dave's younger brother Lonnie met the same fate a number of years later.

Their cottage, built by Harry Feeley, is in the Pines. Connie, Dave's mom, lived on there with her children for a number of years. She eventually married Lynn Twigg and they ended up in Alaska.

The summers of my youth were spent with Dave Feeley on BBI. The memorys are so good. Here he is standing next to Glenda Gibbons, the tallest in the class - http://www.bois-blanc.com/phpBB2/album_page.php?pic_id=2463
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear the grim news!!!

Chin up and think of the great times had by all...like Mike's post, great stuff.
It's amazing how all that really grew-up on that island have such a big part in our hearts for it, and the people we met while growing up. My daughters are getting some of the same feelings now, as we take as much time as we can to visit!!!
HOPE ALL goes in a positive direction, enjoy the time you have together!!!
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Mike. We all have good memories of the Island growing up, I was to young to hang out with your generation but enjoy hearing about it. It is nice to remember the good times in times like these. I feel so sorry for Connie and the hole family. I can't imagine losing so many people that close to you over the years.

threeislandgirl I have keep in touch with Curt Plaunt and I'm sure the rest of the family knows some of what is going on.

bizshabarz
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You soo much Mike for sharing this with everyone. Hospice came today and they are making sure everything is Right for my Dad. Dondi being here really helps. Where's Mike Gahn?
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hospice is wonderful. They will be right there for your Father. They are so kind and so helpful. And not only will they be there for your Dad, they will also be there for the family. Our "Prayers" are with You and Your Family.
Pharmer Lana
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanna, it is nice to see you on this website. It is a great place to share with all who know your Dad.

I'm glad you shared your memories Dad. Dave really looks good still, like himself, but just outta breath. I'm glad you will be traveling to see him soon.

Tony, i tried to call your home. I think you are planning to travel up this wkend. Just wanted to check in. Have Chris step into the pharmacy if she is working over the next couple of days

Love to all my cousins
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(bizshabarz) Shanna is that you? I didn't know you were on this site. We are soooooo sorry about your Dad. We had that scare a couple of years ago with Dad and those are some trying times. We are coming up sometime Friday and leaving Saturday unless some thing changes. I will try to get in touch with Dondi or some one today to see when it would be best to get with some of the family. I know you are all busy, just want to say Hi and give all of you or love. You are in out prayers and hope to see you soon.

bizshabarz
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Tony it's Shanna the bizshabarz stands for my horses names n mine,BizKit,Shanna,Barz..... Ummm My heart is Broke. We always know we'll lose our parents and I do thank God for this extra time. But hey not just because he's MY DAD but he's Dave Feeley! Does that sound to selfish for everyone? I can't say I'm sorry right now. I'm sick about this .I'm angry.I don't understand and I feel so bad for my Grandma Twigg & My MOM. Vye got here last night and JoLinda will be here Saturday. Connie Faye & John been here since Monday. Yes Tony Please get ahold of all of us. Do you have Vye's # over there? Yes Hospice is very good n like I said Thank God Dondi is here. Thanks to everyone. Going back over to see Mom & Dad. So who is who on here?
bizshabarz
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Kidder & Mike Gahn stopped yesterday it was great seeing them even under the circumstances. It Meant alot to my Dad. He is getting weaker n weaker so happy they came when they did because I think it's getting where only close Family members should stop by,It's very sad and I want to thank you all again.
IslandDeer
Syrup Seeker
Syrup Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Dave Feeley Reply with quote

BBIBABS wrote:
I don't know who all knows but Dave Feeley is not doing well. I don't know all that is going on with his health but I do know it has to do with Cancer.
Our prayers go out to Dave and his family. I hope to stop by next weekend to see the family and friends.

Dave is not doing very well at all and it is to much for him to have abunch of people popping in and out. So if you honestly want to see him and you are not family then please call vyes house in Fife lake so we can confirm with Sandi and dave and how he is feeling and how much he is up to. 231-369-3517. Cards are greatly appreciated if you want to send your condolenses to the family: Dave Feeley
PO Box 9381 Shively RD. S.E.
Fife Kake, Mi 49633
Again we greatly appreciate the prays and concerns. We are all helping one another out and will continue too. Even if you do not get a chance to see Dave, his family is staying at Vye's house your more then welcome to see them. Thanks again take care.
Katy Feeley
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Information Reply with quote

The Feeley Clan has asked me to post the following. Dave is getting too weak for visitors, but he likes to know that people are thinking of him.

So, if you want to send a card, his address is:
Dave & Sandi Feeley
Box 9381, Shiveley Rd., S. E.
Fife Lake, MI 49633

Calls are being taken at his brother Vye's place: 231-369-3517 Many of the clan are staying there.
IslandDeer
Syrup Seeker
Syrup Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Information Reply with quote

mikewhite wrote:
The Feeley Clan has asked me to post the following. Dave is getting too weak for visitors, but he likes to know that people are thinking of him.

So, if you want to send a card, his address is:
Dave & Sandi Feeley
Box 9381, Shiveley Rd., S. E.
Fife Lake, MI 49633

Calls are being taken at his brother Vye's place: 231-369-3517 Many of the clan are staying there.

We are pretty sure he isn't going to make it through the night. Pray for spiritual healing for us. Thank you everyone for keeping him and his family in their prayers.
Katy F.
IslandDeer
Syrup Seeker
Syrup Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly he did not make it last night. thanks again everyone for your support. katy
Cindy Riker
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepest sympathy to family and friends. Our thoughts and prayers will remain with you.

The Rikers
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I behalf of myself, Ce, Kay, Pam, and Randy (Winters). We would like to send our condolences and heart felt sorrow to the Feeley family and all of his many cousins. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrangements for my brother Dave Feeley are
February 15th,Sunday 6-8pm visitation
February 16th Monday 1pm service
Wolfe Funeral Home Kalkaska MI.
231-258-5121
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I was not at the services for Dave, but please know that my heart was with you all!!! It just breaks everytime I think of any of you, especially for his girls. I know how they feel! They say Time heals all wounds, but sometimes it goes at a snails pace, and I'm so hoping that doesn't happen with you all.
bizshabarz
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to thank everyone who cared for my Dad. He is a great man and that showed at his Funeral,,,their were sooo many PPL here for my Dad and my Mom, us girls and our entire Family. I want to say I'm sorry for all the PPl I didn't get to speak with. It was a Whirlwind Day. It would be nice if they would let you mingle a little more after wards instead of rushing everyone out then rush to eat and then everyone leaves. I want to thank Randy winters for Flying In,,I didn't even know he was here but I did see Rick. Paige,Connie Faye,Dondi and our cousin Karen Boshaw all stood up and spoke. I let the Preacher read what I wanted said because I knew I wouldn't get through it. He also read a very nice letter from Peggy and one from Anna. Connie Faye,Dondi,Paige,Karen said the most truthful Beautiful things about my Dad,I wish I had what they all said on paper but like Dondi she just got up there and spoke from her heart. They all did. I want to make it clear though that my Dad did Love the Horses. I'm not sure if everyone was able to see the 4 picture boards I did ? One I had done in a real cool huge wooden frame with just pictures of Dad & Mom. I could of had twenty boards of my Dad. I hope PPL saw what I did have . My Dad Passed on Paiges Birthday but she looks at it as a blessing he is in Bliss now. He went fast and that I am thankful for that. Cancer is so very sad and I do thank God he didn't have to suffer to much. I'll never stop hurting,I'll never stop missing him there's a huge void. Crying or Very sad But Please know My Dad Loved all of you as much as you loved him. Wish I would of had the time to talk to all of you to thank you personally. I did get a little time with Tony. My Mom and all of us Girls want to say God Bless you all and thank you for being there/here for us. Smile
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanna, it was great to spend some time whit you. Wish it was under better circumstances. We'll have to get together some time with out a funeral so there won't be the sorrow mixed in with the fun. I talked to Jolinda and I have some one's CD. I will send it up if you can let me know where to send it. Love ya Tony
P.S. you and Jolinda behave. :cheers: and don't have to much fun with out me.

bizshabarz
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Very Funnneeee on ur P.S. Great Balls of Fire! JoLinda is on her way here now she got lost between here n Vyes! What Cd is it? Then I can find out. Can't wait to see u & Chris all on the Island this summer. Well she made it talk to u soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: