Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Remodeling and other stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject: Remodeling and other stuff Reply with quote

Having owned our place for a year now, we were finally able to get some drywall hung in the upstairs. Here's a pic in process:

I ordered the drywall from Cheboygan Lumber Company (231) 627-5661. They picked up one of Curt's (Plaunt) trailers at the dock, took it back to their place, loaded it, tarped it, wrapped it in plastic and delivered it back to the dock. I picked it up Saturday morning from the 8:00 ferry. Here it is on the ferry:

Saturday night, after a hard day of drywalling, we went down to Hawks Landing and had some excellent pizza and watched the Lewis/Tyson fight. We were too tired to stick around to watch the Wings take out the 'Canes in triple OT.

Next weekend...install three doors, finish the last five pieces of drywall and start the taping and mudding. Smile
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Remodeling and other stuff Reply with quote

That looks fantastic. Thanks for posting the info about Cheboygan Lumber. Do-it-yourself building projects are especially difficult for us off-islanders to plan, because we don't always know where to look for supplies or services. Sometimes it feels like we're trying to build on the moon! Very Happy

It's great that they were able to grab Curt's trailer, load it up and send it back for you. I suppose they do that sort of thing all the time, but I would never know who to ask or how to accomplish it.

Take care,
Dan
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That looks fantastic.

Thanks! Kirsten and I are pretty excited about it. Eventually the ceiling will be tongue & groove ($ permitting Rolling Eyes ).

Quote:
Sometimes it feels like we're trying to build on the moon!

I know what you mean!

The people at Plaunt's have been really helpful as far as pointing me in the right direction for things that I've needed. I forgot to mention that I also rented the scaffolding from Curt. Very handy to not have to run around looking for that stuff!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: