Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Hello!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric4
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

I'm an interested in coming to Bois Blanc to do some camping, Hiking, and kayaking. I've been to the island a few times while I was a kid but I never explored anything beyond sand bay and the main road. I'm Mainly here because I've got a bunch of questions about the island that I need answers to before I make any plans.

Is there a good place to get a detailed map?
where are there campsites on the island and what do I need to do to stay at them?
Are there any hiking trails on the Island?
Which Inland lakes are best for paddling?
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Eric.. I'm sure your questions will be answered in many ways.. I'll try to give you some help.. A decent map can be found at Hawks and at the Tavern.. There are PRIMITIVE campsites on the north shore.. You will need a burn permit obtained at Hawks.. You will need to bring some type of vehicle to get around with your kayak and all the inland lakes are great for paddling.. Accessable as well.. Hiking trails are everywhere.. All the snowmobile/orv trails for sure.. Have fun and bring bug dope.. Very Happy
Eric4
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the advice. Now to pick a date and request some time off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: