Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

New to Site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
langburg
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: New to Site. Reply with quote

My name is Scott Langenburg. I now live in Grosse Pointe, MI but grew up in Bay City, MI. I was fortunate as a kid to have had the opportunity to come to the island every summer with my grandparents. My grandfather, Doc Pinney, and my grandmother, Audrey Pinney lived on the west side of the island in the summer and in Tawas the rest of the year. My grandfather died when I was in college and my grandmother sold the place because she couldn't manage the island house. I hope to someday visit with my wife and four children so they can better understand the magic of the island.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome here, Scott... I'm sure the pictures and topics will spark your great memories.. Very Happy
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott, I am Tony Babcock, My Mom and Dad are Victor and Robert Babcock, I didn't really know your Grandparents very well but my parents talked about them a lot. I live in Port Huron now and have a cabin in the Pines. I don't get up as much as I would like but our 2 boys keep us busy with sports etc.

I may have met you but I don't remember, it's that CRS thing. LOL

You are one person to the world, but you may be the world to one person.
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Pinney Reply with quote

Just to the right of the Pinney cottage, when you face the lake, is a red cottage with vertical log sides. That is where my wife, Lani, spent her summers as a kid. It was the Harnden's then. They sold to Dulley (spelling?). Do you recall anything about that place. I suppose, with a great swimming place right there, you didn't go adventuring around too much. Or did you?

Lani and I now live right where you probably swam, where the old dock is, at the base of Sand Bay.

Last edited by mikewhite on Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tony - I bet your mother was a mean lady with a name like "Robert" Laughing
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Ooooooops Roberta........ HEHE

You are one person to the world, but you may be the world to one person.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez BABBS, Try and do a better job for the guests will ya?. Am I correct that Su and Mike bought Pinneys' place at Sand Bay. Nice log cabin with a storm cellar. Or root cellar . Or a big hole in the ground with a door on it. I remember the Goodins were the last house on the road. Now talk about your entertainment as a kid, dinner at the Goodins was it. The louder she would talk to him, the more he would turn his hearing aid down. Seems to me that the Pennys had a place next to us when we lived in George Westcott's place, Lemmon's place was on one side and Penny's on the other. Or do I have the two brass backwards?
langburg
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link to your awesome photographs Susie (Al's sister).
Tony, I think I remember your parents.
Mike, I certainly remember your wife's parents. I also recall a day when your father-in-law and my grandfather shot a snake that was swimming out in front of the place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: