Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Looking for hiking and camping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swilson396
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Looking for hiking and camping Reply with quote

My friend and I are looking for a nice place to do some backpacking and camping. I would like some information on trails and what the rules are for setting up camp. We would like to visit for an long weekend and possibly find some property. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sal
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Sal, there is primitive camp sites on the north shore.. Quite a hike from the dock.. You will need to get a fire permit at Hawk's, and a real estate flyer and a map for the trails... Plenty of trails to follow.. Bring your compass or GPS.. Smile
swilson396
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

That is pretty much what we are looking for. we want to camp and hike and fish and enjoy the beauty of the wild. We plan on packing in and out everything we need. It will be nice to have some trails for leisure hiking. Thank you for your reply.
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring a vehicle. You will be glad you did. This place is big.
swilson396
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You, I will keep that in mind. Bois Blanc really sounds like a Hidden Treasure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: