Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Detroit
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Detroit Reply with quote

I was going to post this under a previous thread about Detroit but I could not find it. Ck this video out. It is a preview of what will happen when our country goes into total economic collapse. This took place Wednesday, Oct 7, 2009. ALL political parties over many, many years have created this problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV2ngvYI_ZU&feature=player_embedded#
Familyman
We Wanna Stay!
We Wanna Stay!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It gets better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19v5Kjmc8FI&feature=related
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: OMG Reply with quote

Thanks, Familyman. We may disagree on many issues, but I know we can agree that this country is in big trouble.

40,000 more troops in Afghanistan will solve our problems.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I don't like to say a lot about the wars we fight but I will say this. I would rather fight them now over in their country than to fight them latter in our country.... Believe me when I say we will fight them sooner or latter, it is better for us to choose when and where then to let them come here and do what they did to us on 9-11, or have we started to for get about that. I shore hope all thoughs people died in vein.

You are one person to the world, but you may be the world to one person.
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: war Reply with quote

got Ya Tony !
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Detroit Reply with quote

This thread is about the welfare state we have created in this country. When the inevitable financial crash hits, we will have chaos.

(Afghanistan has no Navy. Are they going to swim to the USA?
Afghanistan has no Air Force. They can't fly over. Their people are goat herders and poppie growers that live in mountains and mudbrick houses. We invaded their homes!! And they are a threat to who?

Fight them there or here are the options? How bout not fight them at all? Russsia fought them for 10 years and finally quit because they could not change these people or take over. The USA supplied the Afghans with the weapons to resist the russians and now those same weapons are killing our boys. Wake up!! This is a GIANT waste of money and a waste of lives.

9-11 was 19 men. 2 from Afghanistan. We need 40,000 troops to keep out 2 terroists?? I will comment no more on the needless, useless, wars that this country claims are in the interest of keeping our country free. We cannot keep out illegal immigrants but we are going to make Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iran safe little Americas. LOL.

We are BANKRUPT!! You think the terrorists are a threat? Get on the clue bus! The real terrorists in this country are in Washington DC. They are creating a financial disaster that will dwarf the 9-11 tragedy.

Wars only make the super rich richer. Our sons and daughters are fodder for their greedy desires. These needless wars kill and maim those lowest on the financial scale. How many corporate CEOs have gone over there to fight? Perpetual war for perpetual peace...what a canundrum)
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you 100% on our government and where we are as far as in finatial trouble, I think we should get rid of all of them and start over with some people that acualy care about the American people and not their walet.... But on the other hand I'm glad you weren't one of our leaders in the mid 1700's or we would still be under the Queen....I guess we can agree to disagree on this one.

Rich
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting youtube clips, aren't philanthropists supposed to use their own money?
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new way is for thoughs that don't want to work and haven't for years to get money for thoughs of us that do work...

Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many have not worked for years and really know how to work-scam the system. Get whatever. They Love those hand outs. And so much of this has gone on from generation after generation. And we wonder why this country is in such bad shape? Dah! And this is just part of it. Those of us that do work will go on paying for this-supporting others for ever. Wouldn't it be nice to get a bonus from the government for pulling our own?
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who we talking about, the banks or the beggers? I believe that I recall correctly that the biggest handouts made lately was to the bankers. If anyone knows how to work the system I would say it was them.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they would only put the money used to bail out the bankers on welfare.. A lot of welfare recipiants are because of the cost of health care.. Because of the cost of insurance.. I work! I don't collect any aid and am still soo broke.. I probably make too much even paying the cost of insurance to collect anyway.. I'm on the edge though and all of you could be too.. You are an accident or tragedy away of being the one in need.. So quit your belly achin and whinin and sacrifice something for your fellow man.. We are a worldwide commodity now.. I would love it if we could just close the borders and draw all our troops into a defensive position and concentrate on our own issues.. We are too sold to others to go there now.. Our Country screamed for retribution when 9/11 happened.. Now they are alll whining about what BUSH started and Obama is trying to complete with SOME honor to this Country So screw all you whiners.. Middle class needs to step up and remember their roots! Pay your dues like us poor folk..
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middle Class have been paying what you say our dues for many many years.....

And yes, we all are at the edge. And most of us are very well aware of that. Do not ever think that those that have insurance, etc. are not paying for it. We just like you and everyone else are doing our best to hold our own. We do take care of those in need, plus taking care of ourselves.

And lets get beyond Bush.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be my coments were missunderstud. I have no problem paying as I have for 25+ years. I just don't like to help those who don't help themselfs (taking advantage of the system and not trying to work) There are many working and barly making it but they are trying and that is all anyone can ask for. I think that those are the people that should be helped, they are making an efort. Again don't take my coments wrong I know that a lot of people have lost their jobs and can't help their curent situation, they also need to be helped untill work can be found, I very well may soon be one of those, but that is what the system was made for. Temporary help for those that are down not for taking advantage of.....

Rich
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The middle class has carried this country from the start, they don't owe anyone an apology.
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hit it on the nail BBIBABS when you said "Temporary Help." Not for those that have lived a life of knowing how to expect the government-state to take care of them. And isn't it strange that alot of those people have money for anything else? Lets just hope that our governor does not end up making Mi. a complete welfare state.

And "Thank You Rich." None of us owe anyone an apology for carrying OUR OWN load. Alot of people should have thought about their future's along time ago instead of waiting until now and then blaming everyone else.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't Blame anyone.. I believe You, not I, are the ones getting the sweet tax breaks.. I don't expect an apology either..

Quote:
They Love those hand outs.
is an offensive comment.. I'm sure there are most that are ashamed and miserable in thier circumstance.. Do not generalize.. It makes you look small..
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to make a come back to you but some things are better left un said.

Gosh, I wish we were getting that tax break you are speaking of....

Sleep well!

Last edited by Squeaky on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al's Sister who are you saying is getting th tax breaks? Are you picking at the bankers or above average income? I know that Chris and I are in one of the hiest tax brakets with little tax breaks other that our kids and intrest on our home. We about to send one off to college and don't believe we will get any help with that either, (not low enough income and we are white). I'm not complaning, it is just the way it is. We have been forcinate enough that we haven't lost our jobs yet, but mine is not looking good. I work for a steel fabrictor and that has just about dried up.

With all that said, my understanding of the money our government gave to the banks etc. they could have given every family $200,000.00 most of us could have used that to pay off our homes and any other det and all those that lost thier homes may not have happened, but our government didn't thing we as a people are smart enough to do that. Oh yes and don't for get the 1st bank they bailed out is the one that caries all the government retierment plans......Hum wonder why...

Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can handle giving out help for welfare. What I don't like is giving bonuses for bad performance. And every bonus that was given out this year went to someone who didn't need it. Every bonus went to the rich. For running there company into the ground.
Familyman
We Wanna Stay!
We Wanna Stay!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know those individuals didn't deserve the bonus they earned? Regardless of how the company did, they as individuals had a signed contract based on certain goals and guidelines. If they, as individuals, performed their duties and fulfilled their part of the contact, why shouldn't they receive the bonus they earned? Maybe they were part of the problem, maybe not. Not paying them is no different than a contractor not getting paid at the end of the job because the house didn't sell for as much as the builder thought it would. It doesn’t matter if they were “bailed out” by the taxpayer. Part of bailing them out was to honor the contacts that were in place. If the company went bankrupt, than they would have been SOL. I personally would have let them go bye-bye. Let the free market work. Good-bye K-mart, Hello Walmart. Anyone seen a Tucker dealership around.
In the private sector it’s none of your business how much someone makes.
The FREE MARKET allows for bad decisions. If you make enough of them, you're gone. In Government, if you make enough of them you're promoted or re-elected the governor of Michigan.
If you don’t like it that Michael Jackson makes twenty million dollars an album, don’t buy his music.
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It doesn't matter if they were bailed out by the taxpayers..." Familyman your brain is in the same incongruent vacuum, devoid of reason, that the republican party has set up shop in. Your motivation is so utterly transparent, and yet you continue to attempt to wave the flag of patriotism and loving your country. We all know what you love. MONEY. Plain and simple. You think you (and others) deserve it, because you are smarter, and have worked harder than anyone else. Ancillary factors affecting people's ability to provide for themselves and their families mean nothing to you. You are as blind and as ignorant as a Free Market, Machiavellian, Money-Grubbing, Fear-Mongering, Anything goes, Capitalist can be. There is no hope for you. You obviously lack the necessary empathy and life-experience to ever relate to the less fortunate amongst us. You could do us all a huge favor though, and keep your bigoted, self-righteous opinions to yourself....... You're stinking up a lot of good discussions.
With love and pity,
Piper
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, Mike....EXCELLENT point above. Corporate welfare is costing us much more than welfare for the poor. A recent independent study, by a consumer watchdog group, as reported by NPR, found that 83 of the top 100 companies in America, were found to be hiding funds in foreign accounts, in order to avoid paying taxes to the good old U.S.A. The playing field is tilted so dramatically in favor of big business in this country, it is appalling. Of course, familyman would say....' Those companies deserve to steal from the government and make us all pay more, because they EARNED it.'
Familyman
We Wanna Stay!
We Wanna Stay!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo.. what you are saying is that people who are smarter, work harder and strive to better themselves should not be rewarded for their efforts, or at the least, have a cap. And Yes, I like money!!!! I like to be rewarded. I like the game. I am self motivated to EARN what I have and I do have a problem with people like you that want to tell me how to live and what to do with my money. I see the rich and successful and applaud them for their efforts and achievements. I want to be one someday. I want my kids to have the opportunity to succeed and I want people like you that have given up to get out of the way.
And you know nothing about my trials and tribulations. I’ve been knocked down, thrown down, kicked around and I keep getting up and I will not give up.
Of course your response will be “RACIST”.
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't try to put words in my mouth familyman. You're not up to the task. You are the opposite of objective.

"An ignorant man can never accurately reiterate an idea stated by an intelligent one, because he will always sub-consciously translate the idea into something which he can understand."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: