Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Big Rock location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Site/Forum Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KELLY
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Big Rock location Reply with quote

Hello, Im wondering if anyone knows where the big rock is? My kids have been looking for it since last year they thought it was by the Isle A View sign? If someone knows could you please let me know thank you.
Uncle Steve
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

Location: Big Rapids, MI and Eagle Ridge AKA Red Roof Inn (2006) ... East end BBI

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go right down that 2 track...just keep on going... Can't miss it..

Uncle Steve
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Another Huge Rock Reply with quote

There is another huge rock that is located along the North Shore. It is maybe bigger then the one your looking for. It is West of the cross at the end of Bible Rd. It sets by a small cabin close to the lake. It is a long walk from the cross though. If the kids like to explore and hike, that would make for another adventure. Along the way is Catosh Point and Marsh. Lots of flowers and places to explore.
KELLY
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which side of the road is the 2 track? towards lake Huron or inland? Thanks for all the info the kids cant wait to get back up there in a few weeks to go searching. If you have anyother fun places let me know they love exploring(me to) Smile thanks Kelly
ctrevor007
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The isle of view side was taken down the last time I was on the island. The two track you are talkiing about turns in toward the island. The two track is located just past a small S-curve in the road, and before the point. If you get to the 90 degree curve at the point, you have gone too far.

Keep looking for it, it's half the fun...
KELLY
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info thats why they couldnt find it. Thank you
jcollesano
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: the Big Rock Reply with quote

We go there every year... Last couple years we noticed that there was some land being cleared, and last year a cabin was constructed about half way back. If you're taking any atv's or anything else back there you might want to be cautions as it is now also functioning as someones driveway...
Cal's Angel #2
ctrevor007
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there last Fall/Winter and there are no cabins that I am aware of on the road to the big rock. I own property just off from this road. The only land that I know of that was cleared is owned by Dawn, and she had a pop up camper located in the cleared area.

Someone built a cabin throughout the winter/spring?...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Site/Forum Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: