Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

looking to find some information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweetdove49721
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: looking to find some information Reply with quote

I am looking to find out more information about my great grandparents. My great grandfather Alexander LeBlanc work on the island as a fisherman. I am trying to find out more about his children. I know there was 2 sons William and Lewis but not sure if there were others. And since my father is no longer living it is hard to find out these things. If any one might have any information about Alexander and Mary anne LeBlanc please let me know.
Thank you
Robin(LeBlanc) Farley
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robin, I know there are some people on this site that could help you. I was born in 1965 so just a little young to have 1st hand information. My Mom and Dad are Victor and Roberta Babcock, you know of them or of my grandparents. I don't live on the island any more but if I remember I will ask my Dad next time I talk to him. Mike White is very good at getting information like this also. The Plaunts are my cousins and I used to work on their boats when I was in High School etc. Good luck with your search.

You are one person to the world, but you may be the world to one person.
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robin
Lewis Leblanc lived in Cheboygan and so did william I don't know about william but Lewis died about 10 yrs ago. He does have a son that is still in cheboygan and works for the DNR. That is about all I can tell you.
good luck
kevin gibbons
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibby my hero where have you been...........you get stuck in a snow bank or some thing...... It figures you would know the people that work at the DNR, all that bribing you've done over the years..... Laughing Would you like a car windo on your blind like Uncle Ray's.......I would be glad to help.... Very Happy

Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony would you put an power window in my blind. I also need a truck bench seat. I'm a much better shot with a good spot light so if you have an extra one laying around I could use that too.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see what I can do.......any thing for a fellow hunter.... May take me a while to get power out to your blind, but you never know......LOL

Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU two morons just practice by shooting ducks in April like me and you won't need any extra help for deer. THEY are really easy to hit once you practice on the small speedsters with wings. Was there an issue of shooting out of the moving trucks??? Do we have to stop to fire the guns out the windows now??? #evil
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This duck hunting think can't be that hard, you through a bunch of corn in fornt of Hawks sit in your truck and shoot the poor grazing birds. Like shooting blue jays off your bird feeder....... Now the ever alosive and also if found agresive Island buck is another story. Just ask Gibby what happens when you cary candy bars around in the woods when good old Spike was around, you get a good racking untill you get that candy bar out from beneath 10 layers of close. Man things that happen when you don't have a vidio camer........ Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: