Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Story Hour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Site/Forum Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mini
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Story Hour Reply with quote

Two summers ago I took my grandkids to story hour at the library and a man told stories and played the guitar and sang songs. My grandkids still are singing the one about skipping stones on Boblo Island. Does anyone know who this is and does he have copiesof that music?
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you're talking about me, or not. But two summers ago, I did a story-hour, told stories, read some of my poetry, and played guitar and sang songs that I had written about Boblo. (One that I wrote about an old sunken truck between Boblo and Round, one about traveling to Boblo, and one where I let the kids tell me what one of their favorite things to do on Boblo is, then I incorporated it into a simple song.) If it is me that you are referring to, there is no music. I just played 3 or 4 basic guitar chords, (G,C,D,A) and sang something like: When I'm on Boblo, I like to _________________ (fill in activity) BLANKING along, all the day long, *whistle*whistle*, when I'm on Bois Blanc Isle! Sound familiar? We went through all of the kids present and had a great time making a song out of their favorite things about the island. Some of the kids weren't satisfied with just one contribution, and yelled out additional suggestions, as I was wrapping up the song. Fun stuff! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Site/Forum Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: