Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Tea party Morons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3 putt
Gold Coast Guest
Gold Coast Guest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Tea party Morons Reply with quote

I think we should quit spending our own money on our own people and country and start listening to Sara Palin...
Rich
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, there was a time when that post would have triggered a long (and probably heated) discussion.
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tea Baggers.... 68% white men over 45
Over 50% drawing off of Social Security or Medicare
77% don't want any cuts to Social Security or Medicare
6% unemployed
52% feel that blacks have made "too much" of their problems (racists)
Overwhelmingly Republican
Majority Evangelical Christian
Above average income levels

Same old story: "I got mine...to hell with everybody else."
These morons don't know how good they've got it. Why waste any energy talking about 'em. Now they know how thinking people felt, when George W. was in office.
Rich
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are at an age where you collect social security you gave 15% of your income to this program for 40 to 50 years. You should be pissed if your benefits are being cut. They aren't drawing off the government, it's their money.

I think what these morons are saying is " I made mine go make yours".

This attitude of endless public, corporate and foreign assistance from both parties has turned this country into a financial embarassment. Our welfare system has created generations of dependent people that receive checks every month and never put anything into the system. Why should they have more rights than the retired?
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple as that Rich! 'I made mine, now go make yours'. What with the abundance of good-paying manufacturing jobs in our country.......oh....wait....those are almost completely gone, so that the wealthiest, elite, CEOs in the world, can increase their gluttonous pay and holdings, while moving their operations overseas, so they can take advantage of unrepresented labor, along with stashing their funds in offshore accounts, to avoid paying taxes to the 'Good 'ol USA'.

I've read that as many as 75% of college grads are unable to find work, but Rich makes it sound sooooo simple. "I made mine, now go make yours". Wow. I guess you really can still be 'that out-of-touch' in 2010.
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a great idea! How about, we cut all forms of government assistance to the poor, and put them into straight-up 'survival' mode. They would probably all just curl up into the fetal-position and die, right? Or....maybe......they might do WHATEVER it takes to survive, and start robbing and killing the rest of us to get what they need..... hmmmmmmm perhaps I'd better re-think my great idea.......

I wonder how many of these nit-wits have ever considered the alternative.
I guess the 'tea-bagger' set figures they'd be able to protect themselves from the starving, long-deprived masses with their god and their guns.
Rich
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where you live piper but it must not be by a large city. The robbing, carjacking, murder and drug dealing has been going on for decades. Much of which can be traced back to our "have a baby get a check" policy. Welfare money has been the biggest contributor to drug dealing, street violence, child neglect and general beatdown of the poor.

Corporate welfare is no different. You can't indiscriminantly give money to irresponsible people and then complain about what they do with it.

I'm all for giving assistance to help people get back on their feet, but it shouldn't be their new career.

Those manufacturing jobs you talk about are gone because of the government. Many high profile american businessmen warned that this would be the outcome of their policies years ago. Maybe you should turn your anger towards them.

Just for the record, I would bet that if a total stranger called your house and wanted you to send him a check because he was a little short that check would never get written. If I'm wrong I apologize and I will gladly post your phone number.
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich, you don't know jack about me, or the charitable organizations I support. Your logic is laughable. You're not worth arguing with.....much like familyman. Thanks for reminding me of how pointless it is, to debate matters of state and the economy with the ignorant FOX NEWS set. I'm done with you. Welfare is the biggest contributor to drug dealing, street violence, child neglect and general beatdown of the the poor?! Are you f#$%ing serious?! Just when I thought you had reached the pinnacle of ignorance.......you outshine yourself once again.
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, genius....I live 10 minutes outside of Detroit.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Tea Party Reply with quote

All of you knew I would jump into this fray!

As long as the Tea Party supports Sarah Palin, I give them NO Creedence at all. That small brained, warfare idiot is just another neo-con republican. More war, more hate, more religion pushed upon the people. Ron Paul does not give lip service to tax cuts, he has voted AGAINST every tax bill that has crossed his path. He has preached sound money and a non-interventionist foreign policy before Palin killled her first moose. Ron Paul knows the constitution and ALL of the banking shenanigans going on. Palin can't balance her check book. When the Tea Party endorses Ron Paul, I'm on board. Until then, they are little more than just the same ol republican, neocon right wing that will keep our sons and daughters fighting and dying for the military/industrial/corporate/congressional complex.

Corporate welfare is killing our country. Freeloader welfare has turned many "Americans" into little more than bottom feeders living off those that bust their butts working for a living. The Federal Reserve is at the bottom of the financial collapse that is now well under way. How many republicans want to slam the door on the Federal Reserve?

Real Americans speak out against the rape of our country in the form of corporate run wars for profit, a secretive federal reserve that makes deals with foreign countries using American Tax Payer money, and a congress that ignores the constitution.

Ck out this "Tea Partay"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTU2He2BIc0
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night's sadnes is compounded today.. I've worked my tail off without ever getting ahead my entire life.. I can't support myself because the majority of my earnings go to medical insurance..
I pay to see a Dr. choosen by my insurance company.. I have to drive almost 30 miles to see him.. I am taking medication to keep me feeling well enough to go to work the next day.. Most of my ailments are because of my jobs.. I've got my own and can't live a quaility life, so *oops I typed a naughty word* off to anyone that won't support our PRESIDENT!
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree that every one should have access to affordable healthcare, there had to be a better way. My current situation is such that I will , beginning January 1, be punished for getting up and going to work every day. Allow me to explain. I pay $425 every month just for health insurance, which is currently a pre tax deduction. For the three years I've been working here, My taxable income has been around $22,000, with a base salary of approx. $27,000. But thanks to the new improved health plan, health insurance will become taxable. Not just the $5000 a year that I contribute, but also the $9,000 that my employer contributes. So, while my base pay is going to remain at $27,000, my taxable income will now be $36,000 because it's my responsibility to help those less fortunate? Because I've gotten up every day for the last 25+ years and gone to work doing the jobs no body else wanted, with little pay or benefit, I should have my taxes doubled? Tell me again how this plan helps everyone. I should chip in for those that won't look for work because the government keeps extending jobless benefits, and therefore they have no reason to go back to work. Or maybe that money should support those that feel the best way to bring more money into the house is have more kids they can't afford. Fine, everyone should have some sort of health coverage, but those that can go get theirs and won't, need to stop leeching off of those of us who do.As for those who can't get theirs, maybe the government could take the hundreds of billions of dollars they gave away to the bankers and come up with a plan to help those less fortunate.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand by my f**k off.. I support ANY PRESIDENT IN OFFICE because they were put there by the MAJORITY.. I don't always agree but I support their efforts.. PERIOD!
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue72, I agree with you 150% thumbs_up!
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said I didn't support him. I said I disagreed with him and all the politicos for the way this thing was handled. Much like you have stated you do yourself, just not particularly on this issue. I don't begrudge anyone their beliefs, whether political , religious, or otherwise. I'm just saying, people disagree, but for different reasons, and that's cool. It's what makes us who we are.
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may have been voted in by the majority but I do believe he has fooled many........ I will support my president but not when he takes from us what we have worked many years for. Along with years of work is our age and eveyone should have to work to that age and then get what it is they deserve. That is the way it works. And yes, we all have suffered and suffer to this day for working at many hard physical jobs. And paid big prices for what we needed. Coming home with a paycheck that was worthless but it got me-us thru. And yes we had to pay for health insurance also. Maybe not as much as today but then again the pay was not as much nor were the insurance premiums. But it was alot when you were not making big bucks. Talk to some of your physicians and ask them what they think of Obama's health plan. I have and they are not happy.
Rich
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone wants to see a better healthcare system. It would just make me feel better if the people designing it were actually going to be enrolled in it.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to that. If it is good enough for me it is good enough for them. And that is all I have to say about that................. Shocked

You are one person to the world, but you may be the world to one person.
Rosemary
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you, Al's Sister......He is the President....period....and who are these other people that have the nerve to......whatever.

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly! LOL! I got what you're trying to say.. These Tea Party people are attacking the Presidency because they can.. I'm saying they should have respect for the office.. Just try to attack your boss like that and see how far it will get you.. LOL!
Rich
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it wouldn't be wise to tell your boss that you think he's doing a poor job. However you do realize that the president works for you and if you disagree with his policies it's okay to voice those opinions. The problem with the tea party is their conduct.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if we don't "back the president, PERIOD", we must be tea baggers?
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad There-in lies the problem.. I didn't say that.. But a lot of people would assume that and make their own truth..

The office and the person should be filling time working for me.. Exactly.. Not be distracted by a bunch of whiners that didn't get their way.. I understand the bill isn't what Everyone wants.. But, just because They say that Most people don't want it, doesn't make it so.. Talk to the people who DO want it and Need It.. They have a different story.. Hard working people with Hard lives and voices that aren't as loud because of pride.. Because of dignity.. Talk to All regions of the country.. Not just the parts doing well.. Listen to them.. The lies are flying and people try to tell the truth and it is called a lie.. Seems the loudest is declared the truth teller and I say it isn't so..
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair enough Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: