Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Steve Begle Died

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Steve
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

Location: Big Rapids, MI and Eagle Ridge AKA Red Roof Inn (2006) ... East end BBI

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Steve Begle Died Reply with quote

Just a short note to let everyone know that we have all lost a great friend and someone that dearly loved the Island.. I am sure details will be coming forth soon.. Our prayers are with Steve's family ..

Uncle Steve

Uncle Steve
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve was always so kind, helpful, and knowledgeable in our contacts with him. He handled the purchases of our lots on the West End. His love for the island was contagious, as he educated us on the various flora and fauna found there. JoAnna and I will always have fond memories of him. Sorry to hear of his passing.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Steve Begle Reply with quote

Like the Piper, Pam and I also purchased the lot my cabin is on and recently another lot to the North through Steve Begle.

I bought our land BECAUSE he very clearly pointed out designated wetlands and educated us about the best places to build etc. and not disturb sensitive areas. I am saddened to hear about his passing. The island has lost a good man.
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Steve Reply with quote

When I think of the island Steve is always in my memory ...I'm so glad I was at Hawks this summer when he was there having lunch with his Daughter ... I had not seen him for many many years ... I told mom there's Steve and I can't let him walk out of here without saying hello so I got up from my table and sat down at his .. ..I got a big smile , one I will never forget ... So glad I had that time with you Steve ..you will be missed by so many ..

My heart and love go out to his family and friends ...

Love you Mitch and Bridget .. so sorry for the loss of your father ..
autumn
Syrup Seeker
Syrup Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: I was calling him to sell some of our waterfront up there. Reply with quote

I was looking for Steve's phone number online when I ran across these posts! Was this sudden??? I wanted to talk to him about selling some land we have on Lake Mary.
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Forever the land seller Reply with quote

I don't know where Steve will be planted, but by the way he could sell property, I wouldn't be surprised, that there would be a round blue metal grave marker there, with his name arched over the top.

I'm going to miss seeing, and expecting to see, Steve, being the first to cross on who knows what thickness of ice. I could look out from my place and see a black dot flying across towards VanVoorhee's, and others would see it too. All the guys would say, Here comes Steve, first to cross again. The gals would just roll their eyes thinking of the danger.

I wanted to jump up at his memorial and mention how much he loved to hunt deer. I'm a chicken in front of people. The bucks knew how good he was at hunting them. One even got mad and gored him in the butt. I'm not kidding. He told me the story.

Steve had a lot of adventures and touched a lot of people. He will be missed.
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Thinking about the kids Reply with quote

I'm wondering about his kids and where they are ....... What a sad time for them ! They have lost both parents ....... I pray they will have a happy home ...
I wish I could help them somehow ................
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They haven't lost both parents. As far as Mitch and Bridget are concerned, Sue is very much alive. And for Don and Lynn, as far as I know, their father is still alive.
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hailey, Katie and Dawson are the young adopted kids. I think that is what Connie Faye is thinking of. Not "grown" children. Although, I'm sure it is a sad time for all.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, a sad time either way, and I forgot about their extended family. So, yes, a lot to deal with in a short time.
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Mike thanks for clearing that up for me ...
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old blue ballsssy has been out of the loop for a while........maybe never was in the loop.... Laughing

You are one person to the world, but you may be the world to one person.
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIKE...I believe the antlers to the buck that Steve told you about were actually mounted!!! I believe under the purple velvet and the sweet 4" 3 point rack were the words....BEAGLE'S BUNN BUSTIN BUCK Smile I would always like to remember the fun and funny stuff when people pass, cause I think that is how they would want us to remember them. If they made us laugh...then remember those things Razz
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S.

If anyone is interested you can view Steve's Obituary at: becfuneralhome.org, go to funerals and click on Steve's. This was a request I have received.

Thanks
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHECK that...

beckfuneralhome.org
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Scott ..thanks for the info on steve ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: