Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Spring 2011 - Swamps have filled full - It's Spring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Spring 2011 - Swamps have filled full - It's Spring Reply with quote

We just had two days of heavy rain and it has made up for the lack of snow this winter. For the first time in the 20 years I have lived at Sand Bay, the two-track behind my house has flooded from the Sand Bay road becoming an aqua-duct and channeling a stream of water all the way down from the big marsh up in the hardwoods on the other side of the county road. It is course gravel up there and a lot of the water is gushing up out of the ground and coming down the road to Alber's and beyond to my place and even to Mitchell's.

Those coming this weekend can expect the swamps to be topped off with spring rain.
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine the inland lakes are maxed out? I heard Rocky Road was renamed Rocky River. White water rafting, anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: