Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

PIE&G Gougeconomics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: PIE&G Gougeconomics Reply with quote

If you use electricity on BBI, no doubt you have received that charming memo from PIE&G re the 24% increase in annual "availability" charge. It was unclear if the 24% also applies to KWH usage over and above?

Of course costs have risen and the inflated dollar buys less. I just wonder if this outrageous price hike will be enough to offset those who have had enough and pull the plug or put their cottages up for sale.

I am on a electric coop in central Michigan, (Tri County) and there have been no such rate hikes. In fact, I got a refund this year. This area is losing population. Coop overhead has actually decreased or is otherwise static.

I guess it's a done deal now. No forewaring, was there?
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read in the paper the other day that DTE got the green light to stick it to us a little harder. And that's all we know, and all we will know until it happens. They are our only option, so therefore they don't need to keep us informed. Take it or leave it. Too bad for them the government is only allowing 25% of the proposed increase, lucky us. We live by the credo-"maximum penetration, minimum lubrication" What do we expect from a world where people will get up at 3 a.m. to watch a wedding on the other side of the world to see the bride's dress, but if I was wearing that dress, nothing.....
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ERR...UMMM...Well!!! That is a bit uncomfortable to think of! I don't think you are nearly as tall as her...WHEN YOU ARE STANDING UP!!! YOU moron, nobody want to see you in HER dress....get your own, then maybe someone will watchvomit
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I haven't drank enough to get that image out of my head....but I'm going to try......porcelin buss here I come.......I can hear it all ready........oh God I'll never drink again......if you promiss to take that image out of my head.... Shocked

You are one person to the world, but you may be the world to one person.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: