Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Future stay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canadiangirl
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Future stay Reply with quote

Hello, I'm from Canada and am planning to come the last week of August staying at a cottage located at Top of the Rock. Can you tell me what the weather is like at the end of August and anything I may need to know about the island. Also things to do with small children. Thanks!
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Welcome c-girl! You picked a fine time to visit.. Hopefully it will be less rainy.. I'm sure you will bring your raincoats just in case. The weather is generally mild though with less bugs.. The biggest plus.. We entertain small kids with nature walks and books of local interest.. Bugs and flowers and such.. There is something new to see every day if touring the Island is in your plans.. Stop at Hawks for some ideas and maps. Hope your visit is the best.. Smile
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with "Top of the Rock" and I live here. Can you tell us more about the place you plan to stay at? People do sometimes call this island in the Straits of Mackinac the rock though. You wouldn't be thinking about the Canadian Bob-Lo would you?

The last week of August can have some cool nights for sure. I suppose you could think Sudbury weather.
Uncle Steve
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

Location: Big Rapids, MI and Eagle Ridge AKA Red Roof Inn (2006) ... East end BBI

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Top o the Rock is my daughters house up on the hill by the old orchard. There are Maps of the Island in the house for your use. The best things for kids to do is explore explore and more exploring.. She has beach access with a board walk and fire pit on the beach.. Ms. Anne Baker will be in touch with you, if she has not already done so.. write your questions down and she and others here on this site will give more information then you want.. Any questions PM me.
Uncle Steve

Uncle Steve
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also recommend boots for your nature walks.. Shocked There are Michigan Rattle snakes in that orchard..
canadiangirl
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much everyone!! Looking forward to my stay!! So, cooler weather, does that mean it won't really be beach weather?
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending, but the beach may be doable.. Come prepared.. ;0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: