Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Ron Paul...Again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Right/Wrong Guy- John knows who I am and I know John.. John knows I'm not a political student and hate debate yet he loves to try to suck me in.. Do I know you, Right Guy? And do I really want to.. Introduce yourself.. My posts have been for John.. My poll is to see if there is a majority who would rather come to the BBI site for the same reasons they come to the Island.. There are places on the internet that specialize in political discussion.. I don't believe the BBI site should be one of them.. It's my opinion and I'm stinkin to it.. Don't try to twist what I say into what you think I'm sayin.. You'll be wrong every time.. Most people who know me know that I am a really pleasant person with a stubborn streak.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: list Reply with quote

Troy: I read the "list". It is below my dignity to comment on it. I could refute ALMOST everythng on that list but why?

I suppose there are "Paul-bots" that go to those extremes. Heck, there are Romney-bots, Perry-bots, Gingrich-bots, etc. Such is life in the political world.

My only suggestion is to compare candidates. I have. And the choice is clear. Status quo...or not. I choose 'not'.

Nuff said.

Sincerely,

John Paul-bot, Engel
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You snubbed him... I can't believe you snubbed him....Cain is the man with the plan. 9-9-9.
John, read his plan and pick it apart for me. http://www.hermancain.com/images/economicgrowth.pdf
This is what I am focusing on. Economic strategy. The war on terror will continue regardless of whose in office. They have to protect us. The social agendas will be decided in the court. I want economic leadership NOW. With a conservative house and senate I believe Cain can get something accomplished.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Snubbed Reply with quote

I do not know HC that well.

I Read your link. Sounds reasonable. I do not see this in his bio:

"Cain was chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in 1995 and 1996."

This may explain why he soft shoes around the Federal Reserve in his plans. He does not call for any audit, etc.

The Federal Reserve controls the money. Until that institution is eliminated or at least audited, it will continue to prop up those like fannie may, etc. They have given billions to foreign interests...what's up with that?

He does point out the prolific printing of money by the fed.

Economic growth is critical. But I believe it must happen as a part of an entire overhaul of our country's policies. You cannot have a foreign policy that spends a Trillion BORROWED DOLLARS a year on military bases across the planet and say it is separate from an economic plan.
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not expecting any candidate to be everything I want. Cain has a great economic plan. You may not watch this because it was on Fox, but it's a good indication of his thought process.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1199621302001/this-is-herman-cain
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: HC Reply with quote

Watched the entire interview.

Federal Reserve: HC wants us to believe that Alan Greenspan was a good FED leader...NOT. Alan Greenspan was the predecessor of the huge real estate bubble.

Al-awaki: he compares Al-awaki to an escaped CONVICTED murderer. A convicted murderer has been tried in a court of law. Key word is "convicted." Al-waki was never convicted of anything. Because HC does not know what Al waki was guilty of, he hesitates to comment. NO ONE knows what evidence our gov. has. A capture and trial would end ALL doubt and legitimize our Country.

HC does not have a response for what he would do with Afghanistan. That worries me. I do not believe, as I said earlier, that his plan can operate with an out of control foreign policy.

The 9-9-9 plan is interesting. I'm curious.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Rule of law Reply with quote

Here is an interesting article. Many feel, as I do, that Obama should be impeached for the murder of an American citizen.

http://lewrockwell.com/bauman/bauman-b13.1.html
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Impeach Obama Reply with quote

Right Guy: Do you ever think of Americans as slimy, unwanted, invaders? Every adjective you use to describe terrorists over there is used by them to describe us.

Question: Who is a more dangerous nation...a nation that has techno-soldier that sits in air conditioned buildings on US soil, using a joy-stick and a monitor to fly a multi-million dollar drone carrying a hell-fire mult-million dollar missle over a third world country thousands of miles away and then deploys that missle at a target, (convicted of nothilng in a court of law) that has no way to defend itself? (Collateral damage is OK.)

Or a nation that uses donkeys as a big part of their transportation?

Our capacity for killing, even an American born person, is monumental. Why can't we use our monumental capacity for creating peace?

Our country has invested in the tools to cause pain and death. And sadly, many Americans support this under the auspices of patriotism.

As our financial system collapses, we will have to give up our empire building. It's only a matter of time.

And people wonder why I support Ron Paul. He is also a Peace nut, like me and millions of other Americans.
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make it sound so simple.
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you "create peace"? Peace comes after victory.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Peace Reply with quote

"Perpetual wars for perpetual peace."

There seems to be a problem with that statement. The 9-11 report actually came to the conclusion that we were attacked because of our foreign policy. Few politicians bother to read it. It is called blowback.

Do you think that the USA having over 700 military bases in over 130 countries is the way to spread peace?

How would the USA react to a Chinese Military base in Kansas, for example. Would we love them more?

If we put forth the same financial effort toward aid for starving masses as we put forth to wage war, do you think that might create peace?

I am really tired of our "leaders" telling me some camel jockey in Iraq or Afghanistan is a threat to me. I AM NOT AFRAID. I wish they would STOP protecting me. If I see some crazy camel jockey sporting an AK-47 and shouting jihad and coming down my driveway, I will summarily shoot the crazy MFr with my own weapons, thank you very much.
Uncle Steve
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

Location: Big Rapids, MI and Eagle Ridge AKA Red Roof Inn (2006) ... East end BBI

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy John, I just could not help myself on this one.. How do you he is not a US citizen and you killed the Mfkr without a trial.. Sorry

Uncle Steve
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: funny Reply with quote

It was meant to be humorous, Steve. I'm glad you caught on so quickly. Glad you enjoyed it.

Another point, Steve, is our right to protect our family and property from anyone, AK-47 carrying, camel jockey or just your plain criminal deviant. Most likely, since I live in the USA, any person threatening me on my property would be an American citizen. You are right. No jury or court necessary to protect ourselves from those that attack me on my property.

And your point is.....?

Read this:
http://news.yahoo.com/secret-panel-put-americans-kill-list-041603267.html
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I was on the "Secret Panel". How do you get on? You know that as soon as another attack occurs the outrage will be "Why wasn't something done sooner". The special investigative committees and sub committees and sub-sub committees will will be formed to look into who was asleep at the wheel. Clinton had a chance to take out bin Laden and didn't. Look where that got us. We let that *a person whom I don't hold in high regard* blow away his buddies at Fort Hood because everyone was too politically correct to say anything about his radical muslim leanings. Come on John. This is a dangerous world and I am glad we have the balls to take it to them. Give this country some credit. The best we can do is keep involved, talking and get the right people in the right positions. Not all of us are like the sisters. Sometimes big mistakes occur (Obama), but we can bounce back and learn from them. Cheer up, it's going to be a beautiful weekend on the island.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Get them first Reply with quote

Do you think that the US military presence in all those countries on all those bases encourages or discourages attacks on Americans or on our "interests".?
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: RP Gun rights Reply with quote

john,

“Courage is being scared to death -- but saddling up anyway.”

That’s one of my favorite quotes of all time from one of my favorite actors of all time, John Wayne.

He was right ...

... there are times when we all have to do things that we are scared of or aren’t comfortable with, but go forward with anyway.

The fact is, gun rights activists like you and me are under constant assault.

Most of the assaults are perpetrated by left-wingers in the media who despise guns.

Let’s face the facts -- they carry the water for gun-grabbing politicians throughout this country.

And, of course, the gun controllers in academia are brain-washing American students to think that “guns are bad/evil/fill in the blank.”

There is nothing you and I can do about that except organize at the grassroots level in defense of our gun rights.

Very few elected politicians will stand up in the face of left-wing assaults and do what’s right.

One of those politicians is Congressman Ron Paul of Texas, a long-time Second Amendment advocate.

I’ll be honest with you, I don’t think he really has to muster up any courage to “do what is right” when it comes to fighting the gun grabbers. I don’t think he cares what the media says.

That’s refreshing.

We need more elected officials who will defend our gun rights and not think such actions are “courageous” at all.

I wanted to write and inform you of Congressman Ron Paul’s “Citizens Protection Act of 2011.”

The bill number is H.R. 2613.

As you may know, since 1990, the federal government and Congress has designated ALL school zones “gun free.”

I call them “Criminal Safezones.”

You and I know that criminals and thugs don’t care what laws or restrictions or road blocks anyone puts up.

When a thug wants to murder or wreak havoc, no law or posted metal sign declaring an area “gun free” will deter them.

And for those of us gun owners who carry every day, we’re left defenseless in the face of a rampaging criminal, intent on doing significant harm.

Congressman Paul’s “Citizens Protection Act of 2011” would repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and remove all federal “Criminal Safezones.”

I’m personally asking you to call Congressman Paul’s office today and thank him for introducing H.R. 2613.

Here’s the number: 202-225-2831

And once you are finished making that call, please call your Congressman at 202-224-3121 and make it known that you support H.R. 2613.

Send a message to Congress that “Criminal Safezones” are nothing more than federally-protected target practice locations for those willing to do harm to innocents.

I know you don’t need courage to pick up the phone and tell Congress what you believe about our gun rights.

Most so-called “pro-gun” politicians need to “saddle up” and do what is right even in the face of left-wing assaults.

Make those calls today.

For Freedom,

Dudley Brown
Executive Director
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I don't. Many of these countries rely on our presence just to survive. The biggest threat we have is telling them we may close up shop. I know this is hard for you to believe, but not everybody around the world hates us. As a matter of fact, many people try to come to this country legally and illegally to try and become Americans. Walls and border patrols exist in other countries to keep people in, we have to manage keeping people out. Tells the story right there. By the way, it seems to be a certain segment of the worlds population that has targeted us. By their own admission it's a religious jihad.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Bases Reply with quote

Right Guy: So, you wouldn't mind a foreign country having a military base or bases in the USA. And after they kick in a few doors, you wouldn't hold any animosity toward them at all.

And is it our duty to flood taxpayer money into these countries to keep them afloat?

I bet if we really dug into it, it is "our interests" that we are protecting with our military presence. Interests being another country's resources. Resources being oil. So we are spending billions to keep, ahhh, big oil companies rolling in the dough. And is that the purpose of our military? I think not.
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let's start "Drill baby Drill".
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: too fast Reply with quote

Not so fast. You haven't told me what you think of another country having bases here, kicking in our doors, etc.

Is it our military's job to "finance" another country's economy?

Is it our military's job to secure someone else's resources for us?

Should Americans go further into debt for these expenditures?

Cmon, Right guy. Don't change the subject so quickly.
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you're saying the only reason we are invading other countries is for oil. We need the free flow of oil to exist. If we can't drill in our own country, we need to make sure they can't turn off the spigot. And No, I would not like other countries with military bases in our country. We are the United States of America. We are better than everyone else. We are the super power. Thank God we are. Thanks to all who made us the best. Again, how many other countries are having problems with immigration.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: better Reply with quote

Quote:
We are the United States of America. We are better than everyone else. We are the super power. Thank God we are.

...and you wonder why others do not like us....?

I am not calling you any names here. I am just looking at your statement above. But those words sound rather arrogant. "We are the best" so give us our oil or we'll blow you off the face of the map AND we have the approval of our 'God'.

You justify the USA's actions with your statement above. To me, that is sad.
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't say anything about "blowing your face off". We view our role in the world differently. I think it's sad that you see our actions as evil. We have the right to be somewhat arrogant. I'm not saying we are perfect or close to it, but we ARE better. We have bases all around the world to protect American interests allowing our business's to trade freely as well as protecting the people from very bad people. I just don't see the justification for you to consider us the very bad people.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Values Voters Summit Reply with quote

Ron Paul wins again.

http://blog.chron.com/rickperry/2011/10/ron-paul-wins-straw-poll-at-values-voters-summit-attended-by-evangelical-christians/
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not see the USA as bad as we take other country's resources and protect those resources from the barrel of a gun.

Would you consider another country taking our coal and using their military to protect their interests as good? After all, the money their militia would be spending at local restaurants, businesses, etc. would boost the local economy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: