Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Cluster Fly Wars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Site/Forum Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pbandj
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Cluster Fly Wars Reply with quote

I am in the middle of another "cluster fly" battle. This year they have brought in reinforcements. I am filling up my shopVac but there is no end to the enemy. I just put out a couple "Cluster Buster" traps. I did not have our west side South exposure cottage sprayed with poison commercially this Fall. (we did spray last Fall). I will welcome any & all advice. Pete
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what a cluster fly is - Down here we have a product called Tempo that is death on asian beetles and boxelder bugs - spray around house and up on walls and the residual will kill them for weeks - woeks super!!!
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what fly it actually is, but they sure do cluster together in the colder weather of fall inside a lot of peoples cottages. In the spring they are dead all over the floors by the thousands. The people who open up in the spring know exactly what I'm talking about. It seems to only happen in vacant cottages.

The big "cluster" flies come after the invasion of the fruit flies in September and into October. We catch them by using vinegar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Site/Forum Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: