Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Transplanted Michigander pining for home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Transplanted Michigander pining for home Reply with quote

Hello, all.

I grew up just north of Detroit and spent my summers on Lake George near Clare. I've been stranded in Chicago for the last 14 years and, while daydreaming on Google maps the other day, I came across this wonderful island.

I'm planning a trip and stay sometime soon. It's likely I'll see some of you there!

-Chris
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Welcome.
If you mean by soon, that you are coming in the winter, don't expect a big welcoming committee. The ice has closed the South Channel of the Straits of Mackinac, the ice is not safe to cross. There is no boat running. You can fly from Cheboygan or St. Ignace though. You would have to depend on the people here to put you up in their home or freeze.

That said, welcome to this site. Explore around it and you will find everything you need to know about this place. I presume you really meant that you would come during the upcoming summer 'tourist' season to check us out.
cdw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm not nearly THAT foolhardy Wink

I'm planning on visiting once the thaw comes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: