Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Neil House on the Straits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostspyder
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Neil House on the Straits Reply with quote

My grandparents, Don and Fran Neil, built a house in Pointe Aux Pins in the late 1960's when my grandfather retired from Ford Motor Co. They both passed away in the mid/late 90's. My uncle sold the house and property. I don't have an address as I always sent their mail to a PO Box. I do remember it was about a 20 min walk from the dock used by Plaunt Transportation. I'm hoping someone out here remembers the Neil's and can let me know if the house is privately occupied or a vacation rental. It's been nearly 20 years since I've been to the island and I miss it immensely. I'd like to rent a house in the same vicinity of my grandparents' old house for a couple weeks this summer. If their house is for rent, that would be amazing. Thank you in advance for your help! - Lori (Neil) Church
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lori, I'm Tony Babcock, Plaunts are part of my family. I lived on the island and spent a lot of time around your dad. We work for Plaunts together and my parents used to like to visit them.. I live down state now but my Dad is still alive and lives on the island, my wife and I have a place over there and go up in the summer for vacations etc. I believe you parents home is privately owned, don't know if they rent. I know there are several places that rent on the island. If you go on Face Book and go to the Bois Blanc Island site there are some people advertizing. You could also call Plaunt Transportation they could get you some information. 231-627-2354. Uncle Ray is still alive and doing good, Curt Plaunt is running the Ferry Service with his son and nephew.. I don't come on here very much any more, you can look me up on Face Book also.

You are one person to the world, but you may be the world to one person.
Keith56
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandparents also bought a home over there and we have lived I that home for 30 years. I just sold that home and bought a luxury apartment in the Dove mountain real estate. This home is so pretty and I got it at very reasonable price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: