Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

a piece of paradise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnLeslie
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: a piece of paradise Reply with quote

Hello Islanders! We are not YET residents of the island. I (John) have been to the island a few times over the last few years. Leslie is interested in learning more about the history of the island and also would like to see pictures of the McRae house. We have been tossing around the idea of purchasing a small piece of land either west of rogers point or near Lake Mary(The areas with no power). Does anyone know if the small .1acres to 1.5 acre lots on the land are buildable? What kind of zoning restrictions are there, if any. Our goal would be to someday build a small rustic cabin. I am sure Sheila is a great resource for these questions. We would appreciate any info to help us stake out and claim our small piece of paradise. Thank you.
John and Leslie Archer
iamjohnandur@aol.com
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Guidance Reply with quote

Yes there is zoning and the township folks would be happy to help answer any questions on that subject. Sheila, and the other realtors, Steve Begle and Lee Iaflate would all be very helpful in your search for land.
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Sorry Lee Reply with quote

I miss spelled Lee's name. It is Iafrate. Her phone number is in the book.
johnLeslie
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks Mike. I Do have the numbers to Coldwell banker and Sheila. Do you know of anyone that has purchased any of the lots in Frutiland sub or near Lake Mary? I was out trying to actually locate some of the property back in 2001. This was back off Boblo Dr. west of Deer lake, many lots back about 200 or so from the water. I guess I just want to know if anyone has any thoughts on these island or knowledge of anyone who has bought them. We hope to be up at the Island this weekend.
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: