Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

DIVING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Site/Forum Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WALT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: DIVING Reply with quote

HELLO, :wave:

I RESENTLY TALKED TO MY BROTHER ABOUT GOING TO THE ISLAND
FOR THE FOURTH OF JULY AND DOING SOME CAMPING.

I 'AM A SCUBA DIVER AND
I WAS WONDERING IT THERE WAS ANY GOOD THINGS TO SEE
UNDER THE WATER THAT I COULD GET TO WITH OUT A BOAT?

MAYBE A SHIPWRECK OR SOMETHING.

ALSO WHAT IS THE WATER DEPTH LIKE AROUND THE ISLAND ?

THANK YOU
WALT
pilotkid
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey~

My parents and I are SCUBA divers as well. If you're look for spectacular wrecks or aquatic life, then you're out of luck. However, the water is very clear and you can dive on the Old Long Dock by the Pavillion, or the old train docks at Sand Bay-which are very interesting: you can see the old pilings, and you can also see some of the old rails themselves. I guess you could dive on the cribs of the hotel dock, but they arent very deep at all now. I can't really think of any other fascinating stuff to dive on now...but have fun.

~Jonathon
flymom
Plaunt Pal
Plaunt Pal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Wreck Diving Reply with quote

Pilotkid is on the money about diving around the Island. There have been wrecks near the shore - particularly late 1800s early 1900s, but the water is shallow, the ice is strong and the wrecks amount to nothing. But if you're truly into wreck diving, have a boat, and some navigational equipment (and a dry suit!!!) then the Straits is FILLED with fantastic wreck diving. Ranging from the Cederville (intact freighter upside down) to the Sandusky (1800's schooner with figurehead intact). It is certainly worth looking into!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Site/Forum Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: