Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

An excerpt from "The Maiden of Mackinac"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A.C. Haeffner
Coast Comber
Coast Comber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: An excerpt from "The Maiden of Mackinac" Reply with quote

Just for fun, I've posted a new excerpt from one of my Straits books on my website. This one is from The Maiden of Mackinac, which I distributed in limited spiral-bound format on Bois Blanc and Mackinac this summer (100 signed and numbered copies). I plan on publishing it in trade paperback form early in 2004.

The book tells the story of a writer named Madison who is led by an elderly Florida woman onto the trail of a vague, legendary Ojibwe maiden born around 1300 who supposedly has lived through the centuries to our time -- and still retains a youthful vitality. The Maiden's home, the old woman says: Mackinac Island.

Madison goes to Mackinac and meets a second elderly woman, who plays for Madison a tape recording of a younger-sounding female -- supposedly the Maiden -- telling the story of her life. The excerpt is the early part of that taped account.

You can reach the excerpt at http://www.odessafile.com/F-Maiden.html if you want to take a look.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: