Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Not lurking!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
susano
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Not lurking! Reply with quote

Looks like this is the proper place to say hi - so, howdy to all. I'm not an islander, but I have a post in the For Sale/Wanted to buy section. I hope I was not impolite by posting without an introduction in this section.

My parents have owned a lot on the island for many years. They've never been in a position to take advantage of it, however. They and I live in Grand Rapids, and BBI is a long way away. My parents and I and my honey are all building a house together in Grand Haven, in the coming months. We'd hoped that we could have a cabin or something on the island, but we just can't afford it Crying or Very sad . My folks are retired, I am a school bus driver, and my sweetie works for Steelcase. Our move to Grand Haven (which we, by the way, consider getting out of the city!) will necessitate our quitting our jobs - scary and exciting. Everything we have between the four of us will go into a home, so the island lot has to go. At this point, we'll have to to be resolved to an occasional visit.

As I've read through some posts, I just wanted to say how warm and friendly the atmosphere is here. I really hope that I can return to BBI and meet some of you. The person I remember most, from our visit, was a little girl, the daughter of the lady who owned the store. While the four of us had breakfast, over she came, with a doll and a little purse full of money. She talked a blue streak, counted her money (several times) for all of us, and told us how good it smelled! She was a riot. I can't remember her name now, but I'll bet most of you know who I'm taking about and have your own funny accounts of her.

Anyway, it's nice to say hi and reflect back on the beautiful island of Bois Blanc.

Take care - Susan
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Susan. Not all of us are Island residents.. Just wish we were.. LOL!

Sounds like you all need to get to the Island more often to escape the stress in your world right now.. Wow!

About the Island property.. I would recommend talking with the realitors we mentioned.. If your lot is in a good location it could go for more than the 1500 you mentioned.. I don't know about zoning and even if the lot is big enough to build on. I do know people with 3- 50x100 lots side by side, and they could get 10,000 and up for that because of location and because it has electric hook up and it would be a good building spot.. I know the Pointe Aux Pins area and wonder where the lot is located.. By the church? Post Office? Next to a property that is looking to expand? A lot of variables could change the price.

Glad you are enjoying the site and feel free to join in often..
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, not to be rude, but Grand Rapids, a long way away?!?!
Shocked
I live in Dallas, Texas Very Happy nowhere on earth would be to far away, I would still make it up there. Although it has been a few yrs since my last trip, I will be there next summer, I already have a cabin rented.
Nice to have you here and stop in as often as you like, hopefully someone can help you figure out what you need.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: