Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

envy!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laura2081
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: envy!! Reply with quote

Just a short note to say hello to everyone. Very Happy I also want to say what deep found envy I have for all of you who get the chance and the luxury of living on and / or near the island. I just returned from a 10 day stint on the island and never a more peaceful and enjoyable time have I had in a long time.
Everyone we met was so friendly! ( Now we need to work on the Sports interest situation. I mean REALLY!! Not even watching the world series??? did not even KNOW who the Bears and Notre Dame had played let alone how they had faired?? C'mon! )
The leaves colors were brillant and the weather, though I understand mild for what you can get there, was great. ( Odd to come back to Arizona and have it be 102!)
I thank you all for giving me a new goal...that being to get some land on the island and build me a place to call home. Here's hoping I meet that goal sooooon!
Take care all and thanks again to everyone who made me feel so welcomed.
Laura Cool
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you joined us Laura.. Feel free to stop back often and keep us updated on the progress toward your goal! My husband and I keep buying Lotto tickets.. No luck yet but we're hopefull! LOL! If everyone who wanted to live there did it wouldn't be the secluded wonderland we all love.. Too bad there aren't more young families living there though.. What a wonderful place for kids to grow up.. Later, Susie
whitewater960
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime I go up north I do get a little bit jealous of the people who live where I choose to vacation. Some day our lotto ticket is gonna hit.
laura2081
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Well the island will just have to be a bit more crowded! And have a few more sports fans!!
I have two houses to sell in Arizona. One is a 5 bedroom 3k sq ft home with a great pool and the other is a three bedroom single level about 1300 sq ft. hint hint hint to anyone who wants to move to hell! ( temp wise that is ) They both go up on the market in January.
As soon as they are sold it is off to Michigan. Once there the securing of a lot and the journey to building a new home on the island can begin.
I have already started checking into licensure transfers and requirements.
I will enjoy spring training here in Arizona ( GOOOOO Cubbies!!!) and then hopefully be in Michigan for the start of the regular season. If you all could work a little on getting a 'real' baseball team out there I sure would appreciate it. Those darn Tigers! Oh my, my, my! Embarassed
I did so like how much it seemed the town of Cheboygan was into their hgh school football team! Great spirit there!
Sooo lets just hope Super Bowl Party 2005 will be at my place!!!
Take care all Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: