Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Where is everybody??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 8:26 am    Post subject: Where is everybody?? Reply with quote

I thought it was kind of neat when I found a couple of sites pertaining to Boblo Island - I was hoping that there would be more input on what's happening on and around the island for us that can't get there very often. I noticed the last input on the store's site for news was July 18th??? - Is it because that many people don't know about the sites?? Maybe something should be posted at the dock and the bar.
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron,

I agree, I wish there were more online postings about the haps around the Island. But I still think this bulletin board will take off; we have a few good Island residents already signed on and it just takes time for people to get comfortable with a new medium. I check in here every day. Unfortunately, I haven't been up often enough this year to offer any new Island info.

Take care,
Dan
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too wish there was more activity here. I was actually going to log in under my "test" username and see if I could post. I was begining to think the board was broken or something. I sent an e-mail to Bunker Clark to see if he'd put it in the Tatler buy I didn't get a response before the server crashed, so I don't know if he got the e-mail or if he responded. I did place a link to this place from www.bbiferry.com and a few people wander in from there as well as from www.bridge-view.net . I've got my hands pretty full right now getting ready for baby. When I get some time I'll see what I can do about generating some traffic here. There is some traffic as you can see most of the posts get read about 25 per each reply. Must be bashful people that like to only read?Rolling Eyes I think Dan is right, after a while it should get busier.

Take care,
Rob
Michael C. Wille
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this site while suffing the web. I was lost the first time I signed in, I guess the system crashed. I think that this site will be a good one, I check in about every other day. GOOD LUCK!

M.C.W.
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: Welcome back Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Welcome back, sorry to have lost you. Embarassed I noticed you're from Kingsley which is "just up the road" a bit from us.

How long have you been frequenting the island? What brought you there? How often do you make it up there? Tell us a little about yourself. Smile

Thanks for checking in.

Rob
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Probably the reason there are not any more recent posts on Hawk's site is that they are extremely busy during the summer, bet they will have more soon as it slows somewhat about this time of year. Lisa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: