Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

NEW OLD TIMER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Stinson
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: NEW OLD TIMER Reply with quote

My name is Bob Stinson and we used to own a cabin in the 50's called "Wickie UP", I think. I learned how to drive at 11 years old on the island. We drove mostly model T's. Ray Plante used to put me in the mail bag when it was rough crossing to the island. I had the best memories of my life living on the island in the summers. I remember the Babcocks, Gibbons, Caulkins, Whites, and Bibles. We are planning on visiting again this June. It has been more than 30 years since I was last there. My dad was James L. Stinson (deceased), brother Jimmy (deceased) and sisters (Pat @ Mary). I am bringing my mother Florence (95) back to visit this June. I always envied the people who got to live a good amount of time there. I love and miss you Bois Blanc. [/b]
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob and Welcome... Mike White is out to Sand Bay. ( He's such a lucky dog!) and Al lives in the Grandparents house across from the school.. Glad you are revisiting your old haunt.. I'm Mike and Al's little sister Susie. I don't remember your name but I've heard Wickie Up mentioned before.. Glad you have found our site.. Do you have any good old pics to share? We love seeing them.. Very Happy
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Hello !! Reply with quote

Yes !! I remember your family ....
My Grandma (Ila Calkins and my mom Connie Feeley) used to clean your cabin .. and Grandma kept in touch with your folks for many years .. Your name was mentioned in our family alot .. I knew your sister too .. I believe it was Mary .. she wanted me to go to your place and I did not want to go and I was crying all the way ..finally she just took me home .. I was younger then her .. it seemed alot at the time .. .
I am Connie Faye .. mike and alan and Susie whites cousin ....
Ask your sister if they remember me .. .
I loved your place .. and it sticks out in my mind when ever I think of the Island ... I will be on the Island this summer ... In Aug .. Sorry I will miss you !! Somewhere We have a picture of my mom and Grandma standing on the steps of your place .. not sure if it was in Grandmas pictures .. She passed away in 1998 at the age of 92 I believe..
Your mother will be able to tell you all about my Grandma and the good friends they were .... I am excited about you coming to this site and for you to come back to the Island we all love ....
I would love to know about your sisters ....
I am in Texas now .....
so happy for you to be able to put your feet on Island Ground ...
I am looking forward to going this summer .. its been 8 years for me ....
I Visit Michigan to see family but do not always make trips to the island ..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: P.S. Reply with quote

Its me again .. I wonder if you are talking about the Whites that lived next to Plaunts ..
.Minnie White and they had 2 sons and one daughter ... ED white was one of their sons.. i know them well .. but cannot remember names right now ...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bob Stinson
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Hello !! Reply with quote

theeislandgirl wrote:
Yes !! I remember your family ....
My Grandma (Ila Calkins and my mom Connie Feeley) used to clean your cabin .. and Grandma kept in touch with your folks for many years .. Your name was mentioned in our family alot .. I knew your sister too .. I believe it was Mary .. she wanted me to go to your place and I did not want to go and I was crying all the way ..finally she just took me home .. I was younger then her .. it seemed alot at the time .. .
I am Connie Faye .. mike and alan and Susie whites cousin ....
Ask your sister if they remember me .. .
I loved your place .. and it sticks out in my mind when ever I think of the Island ... I will be on the Island this summer ... In Aug .. Sorry I will miss you !! Somewhere We have a picture of my mom and Grandma standing on the steps of your place .. not sure if it was in Grandmas pictures .. She passed away in 1998 at the age of 92 I believe..
Your mother will be able to tell you all about my Grandma and the good friends they were .... I am excited about you coming to this site and for you to come back to the Island we all love ....
I would love to know about your sisters ....
I am in Texas now .....
so happy for you to be able to put your feet on Island Ground ...
I am looking forward to going this summer .. its been 8 years for me ....
I Visit Michigan to see family but do not always make trips to the island ..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: