Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Hello to our new neighbors on Boblo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Coombs
Plaunt Pal
Plaunt Pal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:13 pm    Post subject: Hello to our new neighbors on Boblo Reply with quote

My brothers, Dave and Bob and I purchased some property on the island this summer. I have taken my family on several trips to Beaver Island and really enjoyed the adventure of "island life". We look forward to meeting several of you in the years to come.

I fly little airplanes for a hobby and wanted to know the status of construction plans out at the airport. Does anyone know? Thanks.

Scoombs@riskresources.net
Office: 630-617-5229
Fax: 630-617-5128
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve, and welcome. I look forward to meeting you and your brothers one of these days on Bob-Lo. Where is your new Island place located?

I know the airport has been slated for some major improvements, but (I think) Jim Gilligan or Gary Wagner would have some more specific info.

Best regards,
Dan Reynolds
South Lyon, MI

(10 acres N. of Thompson Lake)
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:48 pm    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum from another "newbie" islander. We just bought our place in June '01. I see you're from LaGrange Park, my mom used to teach elementary school there. I grew up in Naperville, glad I don't live there anymore though. Razz Michigan suits me much better. I'm not sure about the status of the airport. I believe something was written about it in a recent past issue of the Bob-Lo Tatler, you may want to browse through them. There's a link to there from the homepage here. Hope to see you around the island sometime.

Rob
Steve Coombs
Plaunt Pal
Plaunt Pal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:54 pm    Post subject: Hello to our new neighbors on Boblo Reply with quote

Dan,

We bought the Twigg's property and a lot to the north that lies between Twin Lakes and Lake Huron.

I see you live in South Lyon. My Dad used to live there. He used to be in the old parsonage on the main drag (10 mile/Main Street) just east of town. He hand built the barn in back. You probably know the place.

We all grew up in Detroit so we know your neck of the woods pretty well. Bob (MSU grad) is still there (Birmingham). Dave (U of M grad) and I (WMU grad) migrated to Illinois. Dave is a naval architect and I am management consultant.

Take care and we'll see you on the Island.

Scoombs@riskresources.net
Office: 630-617-5229
Fax: 630-617-5128
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, Lynn Twigg is my Uncle. I envy you that property. Wish I could have afforded it.. What are your plans for it? Curious and all.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: