Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

I miss the Island

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chanda
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 5:37 pm    Post subject: I miss the Island Reply with quote

I absolutely love it there. Exclamation My grandma was Evelyn Dickenson, and my entire family has been vacationing in her cabin for many years. I spent a couple of weeks there every summer for my entire childhood. I have not been there for about 11 years, and I get homesick whenever I think of it. Sad There was a gazebo near my grandmother's cabin where I used to play when I was little. I cannot wait until the day when my husband and I can take my daughters there, and they can play on the same beaches I did. I used to live in Flint, but live pretty far from Michigan now. I have been planning a trip up there for what seems like forever, but something always comes up, and the trip is delayed. Hopefully, in the next few years, I will make it up there with my family so that they can see what an amazing place it is.
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chanda, are you Jason's little sister?
I used to go fishing with Jason and your dad and we would fry them up at your grandma's place and someone had a huge door named Bear. Our cabin was in the Pines and I would always ride my bike out there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:40 pm    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Hi Chanda,

Welcome to the site. Hopefully you'll be able to make the trip back to the island soon. We just found the place last year and have fallen in love with it. Now that we have a daughter to share it with it will be even more special. Seems like lots of folks here have fond childhood memories of the place.

Rob
chanda
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy.....

No I am not Jason's little sister, but his cousin. His little sister is named Jamie. The huge dog named Bear was mine, though. My dad was Gary Dickenson, and Jason's dad is Gary Escue. I don't think I remember you, but then I only visited the island with Jason and Jamie once, I think. They would go in the beginning of the summer, and we would go at the end, usually. Do you still visit regularly? I cannot wait until I have the chance to go back.
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats right I remember now, your dad had Bear up there but I don't think you were with him. We did all go fishing though, really really early from what I remember. I haven't been up there for 2 years now, I wanted to bring my wife, who loves it there also, and our 15 month old daughter up there this month but it doesn't look like we will make it. We live all the way down in Dallas now, hopefully next year. I knew Jason lived near Flint also so thats why a got you mixed up with Jamie, sorry. The last time I saw Jason was at Mt Holy in 1987 I think, that was pretty wierd to run into him while skiing when the only place I knew him from was the island. Tell him I said hello the next time you talk to him. Take care, Troy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:21 am    Post subject: HI Reply with quote

Rob will be posting some recent pics....one is of the gazebo....enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: